Something everyone who street races should watch **graphic warning**

after watching this video, i think im gonna buy a 20 thousand dollar truck and a 10 thousand dollar trailer so i can not drive my car anywhere but the race track.... ill push my car onto the trailer and drive 100+ miles and wait in line all day to race 2-3 times, after they inspect my car for safety violations of course...
:rolleyes: See below.

A lot of you guys have a LOT of growing up to do.

Merry freakin' Christmas.

• Sponsors (?)

Please play nice. I DO NOT want to lock this thread. :nono: It sends a good message.

My apologies, it wasnt necessarily directed at any one person, my language may have been a bit too blunt and forward. I just have a hard time understanding how anyone can look at this topic and ignore the message only to spout off how it does not apply to them or even begin to defend street racing. This thread sends a GREAT message, it really kinda sucks to have it tainted by a few who have the wrong attitude about it.

Sorta cool, that was my first ever warning by a mod...I think I'd like it to be my last though.

You are merely ignorant and possibly a bit too egotistical to not understand the actual point of this thread. If for a split second you, or anyone else on this forum, beleive that showing off and street racing isnt a huge issue that can ruin the lives of many in an instant, you are horribly wrong. Maybe YOU don't act like an idiot behind the wheel, but there are MANY people who do and many who are active on this forum, regardless of if they choose to admit it here.

How many times have you pulled out of someplace and kicked the car sideways just because it is fun? I know I have. How many times have you done quick highway bursts side-by-side while cruising with a buddy. What if you nailed it just for a little ha ha, and some non-paying-attention idiot texting pulls out in front of you? It's everybody man, and we should all use more care when driving. I do not mean to single you out, but you seem to have some sort of chip on your shoulder and feel the need to discount the usefulness of this video.

You have no idea what your talking about. You have no clue who I am or how I drive. Anyone on here that knows me personally I am sure will back me up in saying that I drive like grandma. 65 mph on the highway, no burnouts, no "kicking it sideways" no quick bursts on the highway with my buddies, I dont "nail it" where there is a possiblity of someone pulling out in front of me. I don't **** around with my pride and joy like your describing you do. Sounds like you are the problem to me? The point of the video is people in general are stupid and do dumb things and we should all, some more then others smarten up behind the wheel. Btw Merry Christmas.

You have no idea what your talking about. You have no clue who I am or how I drive. Anyone on here that knows me personally I am sure will back me up in saying that I drive like grandma. 65 mph on the highway, no burnouts, no "kicking it sideways" no quick bursts on the highway with my buddies, I dont "nail it" where there is a possiblity of someone pulling out in front of me. I don't **** around with my pride and joy like your describing you do. Sounds like you are the problem to me? The point of the video is people in general are stupid and do dumb things and we should all, some more then others smarten up behind the wheel. Btw Merry Christmas.

Sounds like at some point along the line one of us took the others post the wrong way. I wasnt accusing you of driving recklessly, nor was I speaking of how I do. I am quite a tame driver but like many of us with these types of cars, I do like to have some kind of fun. What I thought you and a few others were missing was the link between the message these videos send and how it relates to street racing. Please don't accuse me of being "the problem," and I apologize if I insinuated more than I should have with my post. Merry Christmas to you too.

Sounds like at some point along the line one of us took the others post the wrong way. I wasnt accusing you of driving recklessly, nor was I speaking of how I do. I am quite a tame driver but like many of us with these types of cars, I do like to have some kind of fun. What I thought you and a few others were missing was the link between the message these videos send and how it relates to street racing. Please don't accuse me of being "the problem," and I apologize if I insinuated more than I should have with my post. Merry Christmas to you too.

Just the way I interpreted what you wrote bud. :D

My apologies, it wasnt necessarily directed at any one person, my language may have been a bit too blunt and forward. I just have a hard time understanding how anyone can look at this topic and ignore the message only to spout off how it does not apply to them or even begin to defend street racing. This thread sends a GREAT message, it really kinda sucks to have it tainted by a few who have the wrong attitude about it.

Sorta cool, that was my first ever warning by a mod...I think I'd like it to be my last though.

No worries. :nice:

I'm not going to pretend that I'm smarter than anyone here. I street race, and I've done some really stupid things in the past. Fortunately I've been lucky. Everyone has survived my stupidity, and no one was ever seriously injured. I know you're going to race. I will too. Just be smarter/ more mature than I was and take your races away from the general public, and make them as safe as possible. Don't involve innocents in your risk taking decisions.

I once raced a guy who lost control of his vehicle and careened into a highway barrier head-on. He wasn't hurt, but that could just as easily have been someone else's car or a bystander instead of a barrier (this highway was near a residential area.) So I would have felt some guilt for participating in a race that ended badly even if it weren't my car that struck someone. The point is, you cannot control all of the variables so just remove yourself from the possibility of hurting someone who is not part of the race by taking it elsewhere or not participating.

Chris

after watching this video, i think im gonna buy a 20 thousand dollar truck and a 10 thousand dollar trailer so i can not drive my car anywhere but the race track.... ill push my car onto the trailer and drive 100+ miles and wait in line all day to race 2-3 times, after they inspect my car for safety violations of course...

Dude, posts like this depress me. Why do you have to be like this?:shrug:

Please give me some credit. I'm not the idiot you must think me... I know that the video is not solely directed at street racers, after all I did actually watch it before I posted it. I posted it for all of you to view because I hope that thinking about sobering consequences will help you to make the right decision when it counts even though you are sorely tempted to make the wrong one.

The video is about making poor decisions or not giving a potentially dangerous situation enough attention or thought. Obviously all of you are capable of drawing the correlation between that and the act of street racing. Some others understood my intent and chose not to flame me.

The point of the thread is that if you're going to street race, please reflect on this video and do not put yourself in a situation that will possibly compromise the safety of an innocent. Resist the spur of the moment temptation and think about the larger picture. Don't put my loved ones at risk for your selfish fix. Take it somewhere safe. It doesn't have to be a track.... just isolate yourself from the innocents.

And please.............. show me a little class. If you want respect you have to give it.

Chris

I'm not going to pretend that I'm smarter than anyone here. I street race, and I've done some really stupid things in the past. Fortunately I've been lucky. Everyone has survived my stupidity, and no one was ever seriously injured. I know you're going to race. I will too. Just be smarter/ more mature than I was and take your races away from the general public, and make them as safe as possible. Don't involve innocents in your risk taking decisions.

I once raced a guy who lost control of his vehicle and careened into a highway barrier head-on. He wasn't hurt, but that could just as easily have been someone else's car or a bystander instead of a barrier (this highway was near a residential area.) So I would have felt some guilt for participating in a race that ended badly even if it weren't my car that struck someone. The point is, you cannot control all of the variables so just remove yourself from the possibility of hurting someone who is not part of the race by taking it elsewhere or not participating.

Chris

thats pretty much what ive been trying to say the whole time.

Dude, posts like this depress me. Why do you have to be like this?:shrug:

Please give me some credit. I'm not the idiot you must think me... I know that the video is not solely directed at street racers, after all I did actually watch it before I posted it. I posted it for all of you to view because I hope that thinking about sobering consequences will help you to make the right decision when it counts even though you are sorely tempted to make the wrong one.

The video is about making poor decisions or not giving a potentially dangerous situation enough attention or thought. Obviously all of you are capable of drawing the correlation between that and the act of street racing. Some others understood my intent and chose not to flame me.

The point of the thread is that if you're going to street race, please reflect on this video and do not put yourself in a situation that will possibly compromise the safety of an innocent. Resist the spur of the moment temptation and think about the larger picture. Don't put my loved ones at risk for your selfish fix. Take it somewhere safe. It doesn't have to be a track.... just isolate yourself from the innocents.

And please.............. show me a little class. If you want respect you have to give it.

Chris

i think your taking me out of context, we've both been saying the same thing the whole time. this whole time ive been saying that racing a civic on a crowded street to get your selfish fix is stupid. i however will not jump on the "street racing is bad bandwagon" because that would be hypocritical of me. i havent known you very long as you've been away, but since you came back i have taken to liking you more than most mods on here and believe me when i say i had no intention of flaming you at all and i respect you. sorry if i came off as being any other way.

so i will join you in saying that if one is going to partake in racing on public roadways, you must at least isolate it so that there is no chance of anyone but yourself and the other driver being put in harms way.

and if you do choose to street race, dont end up like this guy:

**siccc hxcore street racing powershift skillz warning**http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoZa6PhDyZI&feature=related**siccc hxcore skreet racing warning**

oh yup thats me, tons of growing up to do... lol

because i point out that this video has nothing to do with street racing? i suppose you've never done it.

LONG time ago. I grew up and realized how dangerous it is since then. :D

This post...

...just sounded real immature is all. :shrug:

So, I finally watched through that whole clip... And does anyone else think the texting thing was somewhat comical? Without the sad music and dramatic acting, it would look like something you'd see on Robot Chicken or Mad TV.

I knew a kid who died on a scooter while eating a hot dog. It sucks, but... **** happens. You can't say he was out of line or being irresponsible for eating the hot dog.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for practicing safe driving habits, and that video is powerful, but some parts are pretty melodramatic.

wow, that makes you really think about things thats for sure, myself having children, that part really gave me goosebumps with the kids getting killed in that one part. this video should be on t.v or something more widespread. definitly has some very impacting moments, (and no i wasn't trying to be funny) It seemed there was a alot of different mini videos that they did to hit home to a wide audience. really depressed the crap out of me watching it.