Something happened to the new T5 and it doesn't sound good!

PickupMan

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2000
Hazleton, Pa
As some of you may know I finally got my T5 installed after taking forever. Well I took the stang out to run her a little and she was breaking up a little so I stepped on the clutch to rev it a little. I reved it to 5k twice and that when I heard it. It sounded like a bearing let loose or something along those lines. If it's idling you can hear it in the tranny pretty good and it's a little harder to down shift into first and when you shift to second you can feel it as well. Could it be the throwout bearing? It's new and the clutch is a diaphram type. Any info guys and galls would be great!!

:flag:
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

PickupMan said:
so I stepped on the clutch to rev it a little. I reved it to 5k twice and that when I heard it.

Hopefully you mean the gas, not the clutch. It does sound like the throwout bearing and maybe it wasn't seated fully in the fork arm. Pull the boot off and visually check inside.

I was going down the street when I pushed the clutch in and reved it. I'm going to take a look at it now and see what I can see. When you adjust these clutch cables there is quite a bit if pressure on the clutch pressure plate??

thanks!

I looked it over and everythig looked ok. I adjusted the clutch cable a little more and seems to be a little better.
Once the weather is a little better I'll run her somemore and see what happens!

Thanks again!
Joe

Sounds like an adjustment problem but be aware the synchros in these trannys can't stand up to the stock h.p, and torque ratings if driven hard. You will definitely need to upgrade as soon as funds are available.