Something to think about if doing a PI intake swap

I did my intake swap around 3 months ago and I used the rtv method after hearing how everyone else used it and had no trouble...Since that day I have had a leak on the drivers side water port...Maybe I didn't use enought or something..anyways...

If you are about to attempt this go ahead and buy some adapter plates from hi performance solutions..for 95 bucks they are worth the piece of mind that you won't have to do the work all over again like I just did.

Just trying to help out my fellow forum members.

• Sponsors (?)

Update!!!!!!!

I just finished up took it for a test drive NO LEAKS. Which is the reason whyh I bought these but i think now I have 2 reason why...

I was one of those guy who thought that adapter plates won't do anything for power (JUST LIKE MOST BELIEVE), but I tell you right now coming from someone who has done the rtv method as well as the adapter plate method....their is a very noticeable difference between using the adapter plates and using the rtv, I don't care what anyone has told you or what you believe but I tell you right now their is a pretty substantial difference..I'd say I picked up 7-10 horses, they are worth the money for sure.