Sometimes I want an S197

• Sponsors (?)

Never. This car is worth more to me than the small amount they'd give me on a trade in :rlaugh:

The S197s look good with the hoodscoop and such and I actually love the interior and seats.

My Favorite interior is the 01 bullitt and 03-04 mach 1. Second would be the stock 01-04. The only issue is the head restraints on our seats. How are they supposed to stop you from getting neck injuries if you get into a crash?

My Favorite interior is the 01 bullitt and 03-04 mach 1. Second would be the stock 01-04. The only issue is the head restraints on our seats. How are they supposed to stop you from getting neck injuries if you get into a crash?

part of why i got my volvo. has the safest seats on the road, plus they hug better than any mustang seat except the 00R. they have WHIPs protection, i freak out whenever im in a car without them.

I love the look of the 05 and up GT's. I've also toyed around with getting one. The used ones are reasonably priced. They are nice cars and they do perform well. A few of the guys in the local KC Stang club have them. I also looked at few Mach 1's. I like my car to much to get rid of it right now. It may not be as fast as a Mach or new Stang but it ALWAYS put a smile on my face when I drive it. I'm working to "build" the car to what I want. Pearl02

My head restraint is tilted forward, a nice improvement that my 93 could use. I see no future neck problems with the head piece tilted forward.

I want one, well when they come out with something other then a 4.6 for the average Joe, if there ever is say a 5.0L 350+ to 400 HP GT with some coke-bottle hips, I'll be all over that, well esp cause my wife wants a Stang too. So I'm guessin maybe 2010 if government doesn't spoil all the fun for us by then.

I don't car (personally) that they are faster. Thats a good job on ford. I understand that there is always gonna be someone better or faster out there. I just stay focused on making my car last as long as possible and building it to be my ultimate daily driven street/strip car. I plan on keeping this thing until the day i die. It was my first one and its the only care i have ever wanted. Of course i want other cars like the terminator, a 64 1/4 would be nice but im just happy owning a piece of americana and rocking it out. Plus after my final rebuild i plan on running a completely built 4.6 no stroke, no bore, just forged, with some patriot stage2 maybe 3 heads with some nice turbo cams and a twin turbo setup. Now obviously thats down the way a bit. Anyways thats how i get over them being faster. Keep your head up you cars not a pile or anything, ya know.

Ya guys i feel your pain, I had a great 03 with 75 shot of Nitrous, stage 2 heads and mild cams, full pipes (thanks chris) and way too many suspension mods to list and I barley ran 13.0 with stickies... Now i have the 08 and im running 12.9 as my personal best with small mods.. Its just sad... but the price wasnt ! ;(

I drove an 06 gt with a 5 sp i will say it hands down is a more refined, smoother running/riding car. Made my car feel like a damn school bus in terms of ride quality, when i got back into it, however, it didn't seem like it had the same pull as my car which may be contributed to the car riding smoother, who knows but nice cars none the less

as stated above why pay more for car with less horse power. I would take a mach one over a 05+. mach would react just as well to the same bolt ons and it is lighter.

more refined- how is this. The 09's maybe more refined but the 05+ still have their quirks. no different than when the sn95's first came out. and it isnt a true coil over system. sorry ill take a new edge any day. to each his own i guess.

You need to do some research...

The 03 - 04 Mach 1 is heavier than the 05+ GT's are, granted not by much but they are. The 03 - 04 4.6 N/A 4V that is in the Mach 1 does not respond as well to mods as the 05+ 4.6 3V. The Mach 1 requires a minimum of 91 Octane fuel, the S197 requires a minimum of 87 Octane. You can see a pretty good power gain just by tuning the 3V to use 91 Octane, Ford didn't leave much to gain with a tune for the Mach 1's.

With a good driver, that time is pretty close to being bang on for the mods on that car.

haha, but I missed that dicussion.

I do think the 3 valve engine makes the point, 'why would you want a 4th valve?'. I never thought the NA 4 valve lived up to it's potential, but I could never figure out the problem.

Bottom line, buy the chassis/body you want because the engines are basically dead even.

If we do the Mach 1 vs 3V **** again i think i'm leaving this site

The leaf spring in the corvette is COMPLETELY different. The springs are made from a composite and setup transversly. While it is a leaf, it in no way resembles the traditional leaf springs you'd see on a pickup or older muscle car. It IS much more advanced and as a lot of engineering in it.

None the less, I have to give regularly remind the guy with a new Z06 at work that it has push rods and leaf springs.

not always.. look what Chevrolet has done with the leaf springs on the Corvette..

and that's definitely not as "advanced" as a coil spring..

You need to do some research...

The 03 - 04 Mach 1 is heavier than the 05+ GT's are, granted not by much but they are. The 03 - 04 4.6 N/A 4V that is in the Mach 1 does not respond as well to mods as the 05+ 4.6 3V. The Mach 1 requires a minimum of 91 Octane fuel, the S197 requires a minimum of 87 Octane. You can see a pretty good power gain just by tuning the 3V to use 91 Octane, Ford didn't leave much to gain with a tune for the Mach 1's.

With a good driver, that time is pretty close to being bang on for the mods on that car.

Yeah I remember seeing that the machs where like 30lbs or something heavier then the S197s. All the machs around hear are going for 18-22k, same as the used 05+. I would take ether car but would probably go with the S197. The thing is are generation engines sound so much better then the s197s.