Son, one day this will all be yours...

My 3 1/2 year old boy decided he wanted to help yesterday, so I gave him my other creeper to keep him busy. It didn't take him long to figure it out and much to my surprise he rolled under right beside me! My wife went and got the camera. And yes, we fixed the parking brake.

100_0662.jpg

The car has been sitting uninsured since October do to cost of operating two vehicles while my wife is in school, but she is starting her practicum next week so we need the second one again. You can see through the windows that I've done the interior to a presentable state (those are '68 seat frames complete with headrests and locking backs that I put '65 skins on) and I hope to get the paint done this summer with some new sheet metal as well. The drivetrain needs no work. Thought I'd share!

Attachments

• 100_0662.jpg
    100_0662.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Sponsors (?)

krash, that pic is awesome. Hold onto that one, buddy; it's worth a million. We never seem to remember to whip out the camera around my house; else I'd have shots of 1/2 helping drift out old u-joints, or hanging brake shoes on the rice-Eating Generic Chevy Truck (RIP). Mrs. StDr saw your picture and said I needed to get one of myself and my son Matt; so after my upcoming nine day sojourn to the Phoenix Metro area (4 days of Scottsdale Rodeo, 5 days of work-related class in Glendale), Matt and I will "pose" for her while doing the filters and changing to Mobil 1 in the (new to me) Generic Ford Truck. :)

Now I know whats been going on.........
65stanger said:
working, sleeping and fighting a nasty ass case of bronchitis that just won't quit!:nonono:
Jeeze, I thought you were trying to choke a moose over there on your side of the closet! That was you coughing???? :eek:

StangDreamin' said:
Now I know whats been going on.........

Jeeze, I thought you were trying to choke a moose over there on your side of the closet! That was you coughing???? :eek:
Feels like a damned moose trying to nap in the back of my throat, but I can't seem to hack this fuzz ball up.......hope y'all wearing hip boots, 'cause when I finally do it's gonna make Mt St Helens look like a garden party!:eek:
chepsk8 said:
Hey Fuzzy, been a bit. Good to see ya back.
Haven't really been gone, I've taken a lurky-loo here and there, just haven't had much energy to play............just might be time to move to a warmer, drier climate................:p

t_chelle16 said:
And what's wrong with having a daughter like that? :mad: ;)

-Chelle

Yeah, whassup wi' dat???? 1/2 No Kitten learned how to rebuild brakes before the NK did! :p

Hey, what's been going on? I've been deep in "stuff" for the last week... Was first loading cattle for the roping events at Parada del Sol (Scottsdale) Rodeo through Sunday; now I'm sitting in a classroom learning about the newest router we're going to be deploying in the field. If nothing else, it seems like a better box; but there's a lot more to the install.

So what is everybody else doing?

Last night, I was putting a set of pads on a van that is owned by a lady from our church. My wife watches her son in the mornings before school and she took our van home. I had put a new ignition cylinder in it a few weeks back, but never put the plastic panels around the column or on the dash bottom where your knees would hit if in a crash.

I had finished up the brakes and was putting the plastic back in when my son comes out in his pajamas and furry race car house shoes and asks, "what are you doing dad?"

He's 5 BTW. I tell him I'm, fixing John's (the boy my wife watches) van. So he tells me he's going to get his tools. He has a Fisher Price tool bench with all these matching, plastic tools. There's a little tray like you get in some hand held tool boxes where you open the top and there's a tray in there. He puts his screw driver, pliers, a 'cordless' drill and some nuts and bolts in there and crawls into the van and is 'fixing' other parts of the interior while I'm putting the dash back together, this is around 10 pm and he's wide awake, so I know sending him back inside isn't going to work.

This weekend we get to work on the free Dixon 30" ZTR mower I got last weekend. :D :nice: