Son, one day this will all be yours...

Let's see, . . . we've started working on the house again (almost done re-wiring the living room, then we just have to re-finish the wood floors & put up trim). Once it warms up a little we also need to clean our pond (it looks like an algae forest), find the leak in the waterfall, and relocate the pump.

I've been doing little projects here & there on Sadie. Just a couple days ago new Sadie's hood signal harness broke so I put in old Sadie's harness. In a few weeks I'm going to ask a friend if I can borrow his engine hoist so I can pull out old Sadie's engine & start rebuilding it (he loves it when we borrow his hoist because it means he has more room in his garage :) ). I'm also thinking about POR15ing the trunk so I can carpet it & make it look all pretty. And one of these days I need to head out to a junk yard browse around for a few things like a donught spare & those things that drop the 3rd point in shoulder belts; maybe an AOD tranny too.

And in the mean time, I'm trying to find a non-crappy job with health insurance - which is proving almost impossible here (damn crappy town :mad: ).

-Chelle

• Sponsors (?)

65stanger said:
lesseee............work. FD schtuff. and trying not to cough my gawddamnedlungsoutallovertheplace............this friggin bronchitis is driving me nuttier than ever, just when we think we've got ot beat......................

Dad's had bronchitis for the last few weeks too. He needs to go back to the doctor to get more meds.

And I've been fighting ear infections since July. I think I had about 4 weeks during that time that I didn't have an ear infection.

-Chelle

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

My son helped me put in a radiator shroud when he was about 4. *sigh*

He's 6 now . . . already has an '85 GT he lets me drive sometimes! :D

My wife started her practicum (nursing unit clerk) after finishing her last day of school on tuesday. I've had to take the rest of the week of off to watch our son as we have no child care due to family health crisis. I may have mentioned before that my son has a rare dissability, so its not like I can just have the neighbours watch. I dropped him off at preschool this morning and was able to sneak into the shop to run a few parts and check in here. He has a supported child care worker with him at school that's paid by health care.

They are having their AGM here at work today and we don't look that good financially. I think I'll be lucky to be employed till July. My wife should be working by then making decent money and I may be on Unemployment Insurance, so I am seriously thinking about going back to school to become a paramedic with the British Columbia Ambulance Service. They have the courses through the Justice Institute here. I've spent enough time in ambulances with my boy and emergency rooms to know the type of person it would take. We also have a friend who drives an Advanced Life Support Ambulance. I'm curious to hear what Fritz has to advise on that topic? I thought about getting back into flying a little heavier, but it is a good hobby for me and I couldn't live on a paupers wage for the amount of time and money needed to pursue that.

t_chelle16 said:
And what's wrong with having a daughter like that? :mad: ;)

-Chelle

Son:

The reason I would rather have a son is the fact that I am a guy. We can relate better, someone to roughhouse with, someone to play football with, watch action movies with, to wrench on the car with, to train with, to make dirty jokes with.

Daughter:

Take her shopping, be forced to see chick flicks with her, hear about who is hooking up with who, someone to kick and scream and cry all the time, let her hang out with mom because you don't have a clue what she is talking about or experiencing,(yes, this shows that I cannot understand what girls are talking about period) possibly wrench on the car. I'll be damned if my daughter wanted to play football and train with me. No way will I be father of a Manimal. :D

Both my parents are so glad they didn't have daughters, they hate nagging, and moodiness, they would rather make trips to the hospital, and talk with the prinicipal than listen to whining. All in all IMO girls are too high maintenance.:p

krash kendall said:
...........so I am seriously thinking about going back to school to become a paramedic with the British Columbia Ambulance Service. They have the courses through the Justice Institute here. I've spent enough time in ambulances with my boy and emergency rooms to know the type of person it would take. We also have a friend who drives an Advanced Life Support Ambulance. I'm curious to hear what Fritz has to advise on that topic? I thought about getting back into flying a little heavier, but it is a good hobby for me and I couldn't live on a paupers wage for the amount of time and money needed to pursue that.
Go for it!

With your flying experience and connections maybe you could land a job as a flight medic.....I know, big difference betwwen being the pilot and being the medic, but the air services are always looking for someone who can handle themselves in a small aircraft (and not puke on the patient!)

btw...a lot of the pilots who fly our Medevac (Suffolk County PD) are also paramedics!

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
Son:

The reason I would rather have a son is the fact that I am a guy. We can relate better, someone to roughhouse with, someone to play football with, watch action movies with, to wrench on the car with, to train with, to make dirty jokes with.

Daughter:

Take her shopping, be forced to see chick flicks with her, hear about who is hooking up with who, someone to kick and scream and cry all the time, let her hang out with mom because you don't have a clue what she is talking about or experiencing,(yes, this shows that I cannot understand what girls are talking about period) possibly wrench on the car. I'll be damned if my daughter wanted to play football and train with me. No way will I be father of a Manimal. :D

Both my parents are so glad they didn't have daughters, they hate nagging, and moodiness, they would rather make trips to the hospital, and talk with the prinicipal than listen to whining. All in all IMO girls are too high maintenance.:p

Wow! I am extremely grateful no one in my family has that attitude towards girls.

-Chelle

R-Code,

My daughter is a gem, I thank the stars every day for her. How many girls do you know who can rivet, build the front suspension in a Cobra, and hate ricers?

I can see from a male perspective your opinion, but also be aware of what mant women think of men, it aint pretty.

I didn't know you guys had a pond, I just built one this year with my 4 year old grandson. It's about 12X20, got a double waterfall and we lined the whole interior with rocks, mostly in the 1-2 foot diameter size. Put about 25 fish in it, waiting to see if they'll survive the winter.

Heh Heh, I was just poking fun at chelle mostly, that's why all the smilies. :p I don't have any problems with having a daughter, I would prefer a son because like I said we could relate better. What I put on the last post is the general consensus that I see around me, you know the guy with two daughters and a wife, who is going insane cause everytime they go out to dinner it is soup and salad, and then they go see some chick flick at the movie theater. :D Now see Deanna is the exception, you raised her right, but you have to admit there are some things you just can't do with a girl because a girl is always a girl and they have different needs. Not that the difference is bad, but it makes me lean more to the having a son side because I can relate better. Just trying to justify myself so I don't sound like a sexist or something. If I had a daughter I would lover her just as much, but maaaaaaaaannnnn you guys are really jumping the gun. I am only 18 years old!!! Girls are still icky and have cooties in my mind!!!! :D

WORTH said:
I didn't know you guys had a pond, I just built one this year with my 4 year old grandson. It's about 12X20, got a double waterfall and we lined the whole interior with rocks, mostly in the 1-2 foot diameter size. Put about 25 fish in it, waiting to see if they'll survive the winter.
There's pics of mine (& the building process) here:
http://chelle.mine.nu/pond/

It's pretty small. The main part is around 5' x 7' and it's 4' deep in the middle . The top part is about 30" in diameter and around 18" deep. Total volume is right around 400 gallons. If I could do it again, I'd give it a bigger surface area & not make it so deep, and make it at least 4 times the volume it is now. One of these days I'll build another one, but this one was a learning process so I still think it came out okay.

Right now it has 6 goldfish and I have 2 more in one of my aquariums that are going back out once it warms up a bit more (The tank looked empty and they were little so I brought them in at the beginning of the winter. They ended up growing a lot faster than I expected, but now they're not used to the cold so I have to wait to get them out of the tank).

-Chelle

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
I am only 18 years old!!! Girls are still icky and have cooties in my mind!!!! :D

LOL. Okay, I'll let it slide this time. ;)

I think it really depends on how the girl was raised, though. Sure, I like "girly" things that my dad doesn't, but I also like a lot of the same things that he does because he always tried to include (or at least not exclude me) in the more "guy" things. And my brother is into some of the same things as my dad, but there are other things they don't share an interest in (I'm actually more into cars than my brother).

-Chelle

I've got two daughters and a son and I've got to say that my daughters are definately more moody than my son. My son is typically only a problem when he's tired, but the girls are worse when they're tired. The girls are thirteen and nine. We've even got a female cat (against my wishes) and so you get moody squared there.

My thirteen year old is going to help 'restore' the '90 Shadow that her mom drove when she was born, she's sorta nostalgic like that. The nine year old wants a Hummer H2, I told here it'll have to be a 1:25 version unless she's buying it herself. I wouldn't buy the full scale version even if I could afford it.

My son on the other hand, is easy, but very expensive. He wants...
..... a Monster Truck.

He loves watching Monster Jam and I think Grave Digger is his favorite which I had a problem with as it's a Chevy, but I recently found out that the first Grave Digger (wasn't a Monster Truck in the sense of 66" tall tires) was a Ford Panel Truck, so I feel better about that now.