Sooo...now What

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe a troll, maybe not but at the end of the day, I don't think he would have listened.

I had a 99 V6 and I put a lot of suspension work into it to make it turn. I was going to do a V8 swap because no amount of go fast parts were going to make that motor perform the same as a V8 swap. Too bad I got smacked up and totaled. I really liked tat car. My 03 Mach 1 is a lot more fun though =)

Wanted to see how far this conversation would go on a v6 forum thread. truth is I dont own a v6. My main point was to see how the community would act more towards the truck issue and seeing how the community reacted to new members. I actually own a 2008 4.8L GT Mustang. My third Mustang, and favorite one so far. My name is Paul Johnson and I'm 38 years old, Mustang enthusiast and general car fanatic. Please don't take my thread to heart. It's just I've gone through many forum sights seeing the available knowledge people have to offer. Im ok impressed with this sight but have seen better in the past. If I had insight for a v6 upgrade to racing, your gonna need some serious firepower, along with some serious cash. Now I do realize being an 18 year old your probably looking to get out of high school and moving to college. Which means even more money. My advice, stick with some low end performance mods, and deck out the car to your liking, it's your first one and should love it just how it is. a little shout out to Brady's 2003GT, he had an excellent response for this thread. Thank-you for your time gentlemen and good luck on your cars in the future.

These guys aren't trying to dog on you. They're just trying to give some advice from experience. You can spend money on all the little bolts ons and in the end you will realize you might of gained a tenth in the 1/4. If you want to keep up with v8 cars then you have to make v8 power somehow. And that costs money. My vote would be for the nitrous if you really do want to stick with your car. I wouldn't waste any time or money on bolt because they won't get you what you want.

Swap out the rear end gears. I believe the V6 got 3.27's. A swap to 3.73's or 4/10's might give you some SOTP feel.

Beyond that though, regular bolt ons for the V6 are expensive and don't really give you a whole lot of power. You could do a 4.2L swap for more torque, but most people looking to go fast slap a supercharger on the 3.8L/3.9L. A lot more bang for your buck vs spending thousands on N/A bolt ons. Problem with the blower is cost as you would expect

I'd do a gear swap, but you probably looking at $400-600 for parts/install.

Waste.....

But that being said I'm making no claim that my truck is fast. I have a blown 2v for those duties.

Good day.

A lot of those Cummins trucks are lucky to see 14s.... Stock its about 16-17. The 3.8 mustang ( stock motor could see same numbers.

You could home port the heads, slap a cam in it, bigger injectors, gears, and tune.

The cheapest would be gears....next would be nitrous that's if you can do the work.

If he leaves in 4wd ( and he probably will ) you'll be chasing him down.

Most of the guys active here are twice your age. Me being one of them. Folks here will help you figure out what you need to do....but it seems like you're trolling.

If you don't have any respect don't expect to get it. Not everyone is going g to agree with spending money in a v6. I do appreciate well built v6 Stang's...because they are different. A friend of mine has a v6 mustang that runs high 12s- he's also got a lot of money in it.

That's my post....

One thing I won't do is allow anyone to disrespect people that have grown to be almost like family to me. You can feel free to return to whatever Facebook group you came from. We're real adults over here.....and you've disrespected yourself in front of all of us. Hope you feel good about yourself ;shame

And all of which have power-adders. Turbochargers. Strip that turbo setup off of those engines and you'll mostly be left with a nearly anemic 4-cylinder. The V8 in the GT makes all that power all by itself.

I'm a fan of all Mustangs...I had a '99 V6 coupe at one point. And I, too, can appreciate a well-built sixer when I come across one. But as stated before, there really isn't a "budget-friendly" way to build a six cylinder to make tons of power. You're gonna be spending some good amount of money.

Magnuson used to make a kit for the 3.8L but I don't see it out there now. It looked similar t this kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangl...on-Supercharger-01-13-36-005-BL-/231148624000

If you can find one used, that would be the route that I'd take. That kit would make the car act and feel like a V8.

Then there's:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ger-Intercooled-Tuner-Kit-99-04-/321795627103

You'd still need a gear change. Good time to throw that previously mentioned traction lock in too. Cobra brakes and a KR hood to finish it off.

First off I hope you're racing at a track and not the streets. Street racing is a bad habit especially for teenagers. And I suggest just take care of your mustang. It sounds like it's your first car and you should just love it, keep it clean and have fun. Learn how to perform regular and preventative maintenance and discover what tools you need. From what you've said you have plenty of upgrades to your car and that should be fun for you. But I know how it feels when you want to give a car your own mods. Make it your own, ya know? Yeah anyway a v6 mustang is designed for economy so if you want to race... you're **** out luck because you bought the wrong car for that..... but hey, just read the rest of your posts and it seems like you already know every thing. I mean seriously you must have seen like every episode of top gear or something.

Dont you worry how knowledgeable we are.....you need to worry about educating yourself on "cars 101". You clearly know absolutely NOTHING about cars and how they operate. Im one of the most "knowledgeable" mustang enthusiasts that you will ever meet, ask anyone here. You're just an idiot. I have no patience for idiots

Maybe a troll, maybe not but at the end of the day, I don't think he would have listened.

I had a 99 V6 and I put a lot of suspension work into it to make it turn. I was going to do a V8 swap because no amount of go fast parts were going to make that motor perform the same as a V8 swap. Too bad I got smacked up and totaled. I really liked tat car. My 03 Mach 1 is a lot more fun though =)

And at the end of the day, is still worth something after you're done with it. IMO, the value of a V6 Mustang only goes down when you modify it.

Oh look everybody, a sociologist. Doing tests and judging us from his high horse.

Super glad this forum meets your approval.

You're either a kid back pedaling for asking a question then being embarrassed by the responses or you're "Paul Johnson", the judge and social scientist nobody asked for, whose relegated his field of research to mustang forum community. Do you feel like an undercover investigator looking into the seedy underbelly of guys who mess with cars? Did you notice this particular sub forum is dedicated to 4.6L modular mustang while doing your exhaustive research? There is another sub forum dedicated to v6ers on this site. Quit screwing around

I've been on these boards for nearing 10 years. Sometimes you get the answer you need. Sometimes you're not going to like it.

Oh and I've been testing this place since joining too. My real name is "Jack Jackson". Enjoy your 4.8L 2008 GT. Must be one of those really limited edition engine options.

Dude has got me rolling over here. :rlaugh:

Last edited:
Yeah whatever.

Here's the bottom line to making your experience on Stangnet a good one.

Are you ready? Pay close attention, this is important.

Make each of your posts, threads/questions specifically about the car and not about you.

Follow that tip and all will be well. :nice:

Reactions: 1 users
Wow....so much for that I guess:chin. I guess if you also noticed Im not sitting from a high horse. If you noticed in my thread, I said I was a Mustang and car fanatic. I'm not trying to impede on anybody, I was just trying to see how the community was for asking questions was all, no harm from it really. It's really awesome how you've been on the forums for almost 10 years, thanks for giving this community so much helpful insight.
Oh look everybody, a sociologist. Doing tests and judging us from his high horse.

Did you notice this particular sub forum is dedicated to 4.6L modular mustang while doing your exhaustive research? There is another sub forum dedicated to v6ers on this site. Quit screwing around

I've been on these boards for nearing 10 years. Sometimes you get the answer you need. Sometimes you're not going to like it.

And yes I did kind of get that feeling you weren't in the area out of 4.6L considering you didn't really respond to the first thread over 3.8L. Again not looking down on anybody because I'm on the same level here as everyone else, all I'm saying is if this were an actual thread question...you potentially could've driven a new Mustang owner out of looking into more Mustangs. A helpful community can lead to so much greater things.

Wow....so much for that I guess:chin. I guess if you also noticed Im not sitting from a high horse. If you noticed in my thread, I said I was a Mustang and car fanatic. I'm not trying to impede on anybody, I was just trying to see how the community was for asking questions was all, no harm from it really.

Well, since we're all being honest here. There is asking a question(s) with a genuine interest in learning and there's approaching the topic like a pretentious, know it all teenager. You chose to explore the latter with your little social experiment, which is why you earned the backlash you did. The vast majority of membership here is over the age of 30 and quite frankly don't have the patience for nonsense kids that would rather argue and regale you with what they think they know, instead of following the advice they've been given by the ones that have "been there" and "done that". Had you been more mature with your approach, you probably would have been met with more useful feedback. So, while you may have "seen better" than this site in the past....I assured you, we've been judged by better as well. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Actually I think getting mad about a so called social experiment and reacting negatively is a bad way to go. It tends to show anger and that might suggest to someone that you feel like you were suckered. Think the best response is laugh it off.

Hey Paul, that was a funny way to test out the forum. I got a kick out of it. The internet is a place for thin skin, you will see it no matter what forum you go to.

BTW, do you have a 4.8L or a 4.6L? Was that a typo or you got something else going on under the hood?

all I'm saying is if this were an actual thread question...you potentially could've driven a new Mustang owner out of looking into more Mustangs. A helpful community can lead to so much greater things.

:rolleyes:

Consider the reputation of this site before you go offering your unsolicited advice...StangNet's been around for nearly 20 years now (jeezus, I can't believe it's been that long...), has over 173,000 members, and there's really no sign of slowing down.

One can receive great advice from the community here...it is a helpful community. I've got some great help from here in the past. Everyday, people seek and receive great advice here. And it's all about being respectful, on both sides. When someone comes in here and tries to counter the provided advice in a hostile way, the community will turn their backs on them. This little "experiment" of your's was unwarranted and you'll be leaving a bad taste due to this entire thread.

Thanks for your investigation but at the end of it all, this will largely be forgotten.

:rolleyes:

Consider the reputation of this site before you go offering your unsolicited advice...StangNet's been around for nearly 20 years now (jeezus, I can't believe it's been that long...), has over 173,000 members, and there's really no sign of slowing down.

One can receive great advice from the community here...it is a helpful community. I've got some great help from here in the past. Everyday, people seek and receive great advice here. And it's all about being respectful, on both sides. When someone comes in here and tries to counter the provided advice in a hostile way, the community will turn their backs on them. This little "experiment" of your's was unwarranted and you'll be leaving a bad taste due to this entire thread.

Thanks for your investigation but at the end of it all, this will largely be forgotten.

Again it wasn't meant to be an investigation, but for myself to get help if I have any, I like to seek out a little knowledge of the forum members. Sometimes the best way to get to the top is to get under people skin. I know it's a really bad way to go at things but as you've seen I was able to talk to a member who's been on this site for 10 years now and is a board member. Thats pretty close to the top if I had to say so. Again not an investigation, I guess you could call it an experiment, but only for my own knowledge, this type of stuff doesn't doesn't go further then this thread.

Actually I think getting mad about a so called social experiment and reacting negatively is a bad way to go. It tends to show anger and that might suggest to someone that you feel like you were suckered. Think the best response is laugh it off.

Hey Paul, that was a funny way to test out the forum. I got a kick out of it. The internet is a place for thin skin, you will see it no matter what forum you go to.

BTW, do you have a 4.8L or a 4.6L? Was that a typo or you got something else going on under the hood?

Also sorry for the confusion, it's a 4.6L Heh heh :nice:

Again it wasn't meant to be an investigation, but for myself to get help if I have any, I like to seek out a little knowledge of the forum members. Sometimes the best way to get to the top is to get under people skin. I know it's a really bad way to go at things but as you've seen I was able to talk to a member who's been on this site for 10 years now and is a board member. Thats pretty close to the top if I had to say so. Again not an investigation, I guess you could call it an experiment, but only for my own knowledge, this type of stuff doesn't doesn't go further then this thread.

"Get to the top?" Of what?

Also sorry for the confusion, it's a 4.6L Heh heh :nice:

How about you try again with another account and less BS. Or don't... doesn't matter to me. This particular brand of drama can be found on facebook, not here. bai

Reactions: 1 user
I know it's a really bad way to go at things but as you've seen I was able to talk to a member who's been on this site for 10 years now and is a board member. Thats pretty close to the top if I had to say so.
I'll assume you're talking about myself or Noobz? I hope you aren't using this to gauge your experiments success? If you'll look our past post history, we interact and offer advice/direction/my .02 indiscriminately to all members. Not to mention, it's part of our duty's as staff members to review threads from new members.

If you really want to know what got people into your thread, it was the way it was titled. "Sooo....Now what" is a pretty non descript and titilating thread title, that's just alluring enough for members to poke their head in and take a look. That's 50% of the battle right there.

The rest was an attempted education session, followed by the drama you created with your response....and who doesn't like a good drama, right. So while this may have simply been a social experiment for you....I can't say it was a very creative one. It was essentially the equivalent of planting a $20 bill on the sidewalk and see how many passers by would pick it up. You weren't exactly betting on a long shot here. ;)

Reactions: 1 user