Sorry guys, but I think it's going to be time.

Killercanary said:
My old apartment was about a 2 minute walk from where these pics were taken. My current home is about 15-20 minutes from there. Honestly there are some amazing places around here for pictures. I spend a lot of time on the road and while I'm out I'm always looking for new places to shoot the cars at.

I HATED the MR2's when I first looked at them. Stock I think they look like ass, especially the '00-'02. Ours is a '00 but it has the '03 headlights and tail lights which really do make a world of difference. The previous owner installed the wheels that are on the car now, and although I wouldn't have picked them myself, they are a THOUSAND times better looking than the stock wheels. There are some increadible body kits for these cars as well, but my wife told me I'm not allowed to touch this car! LOL! She likes it as is. The front fascia is a little too snub nosed for my liking and there are aftermarket ones that stick out a little farther and look increadible, but as I said my wife says NO and its her car. :shrug:

One coll thing about the MR2 is that it can be made to look EXTREMELY exotic with some of the available body kits on the market.

example: (not saying that I'd do this to one, but it looks a lot more expensive than what it actually is!)

veilside-rear.jpg
yea VeilSide stuff will cost you an arm and a leg:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
My old apartment was about a 2 minute walk from where these pics were taken. My current home is about 15-20 minutes from there. Honestly there are some amazing places around here for pictures. I spend a lot of time on the road and while I'm out I'm always looking for new places to shoot the cars at.

I HATED the MR2's when I first looked at them. Stock I think they look like ass, especially the '00-'02. Ours is a '00 but it has the '03 headlights and tail lights which really do make a world of difference. The previous owner installed the wheels that are on the car now, and although I wouldn't have picked them myself, they are a THOUSAND times better looking than the stock wheels. There are some increadible body kits for these cars as well, but my wife told me I'm not allowed to touch this car! LOL! She likes it as is. The front fascia is a little too snub nosed for my liking and there are aftermarket ones that stick out a little farther and look increadible, but as I said my wife says NO and its her car. :shrug:

One coll thing about the MR2 is that it can be made to look EXTREMELY exotic with some of the available body kits on the market.

example: (not saying that I'd do this to one, but it looks a lot more expensive than what it actually is!)

veilside-rear.jpg

yeah, that's what i meant w/ my previous post. stock=not very appealing. the one that i liked had a body kit and did look really exotic. i guess since, stock, the car is kinda a little too high and looks unproportionate. the body kits definately fix that on those cars. too bad you can't touch your wife's car, that would look sweet.

Aaron: I've never seen an MR2 in Canada before in my life. Not to say that they aren't here, or available... but that's a good question.
A search on autotrader.ca says.... nope, nadda... no spyders in sight.

They are definitely exotic. There's no doubt, and i like that bodykit, cept for the wing... I don't like how they cover the taillights, but that's neither here nor there. It's a nice car and because they're so rare I think that's why people like them. Same thing could be said about a lotus elise, they aren't my kinda car, but I saw one down south and people swarmed around like flies on ****.

I got enough stares in my car to make me happy, but i think any convertible car that's loud, lowered, and chrome rimmed will do that.

I'm still a bit surprised with how quick that little MR2 is :scratch:
that doesn't really say much for our cars stock... poor things being 10 years old are suffering in the new year cars.

I just looked at the specs for the elise...
it says that car goes 12.9 seconds in the 1/4
WTF

Caldwell said:
I'm still a bit surprised with how quick that little MR2 is :scratch:
that doesn't really say much for our cars stock... poor things being 10 years old are suffering in the new year cars.

I just looked at the specs for the elise...
it says that car goes 12.9 seconds in the 1/4
WTF

The elise sports a toyota 1.8L 2ZZ engine (only 180hp I believe!!!), my wife's MR2 has the 138hp 1.8 1ZZ engine. The 2ZZ is a fairly easy swap though for it! :D

Caldwell, if you want some more info on the MR2 check out http://ww.spyderchat.com You can find anything and everything about it there.

FORCED2DV8 said:
You probably dotn owe anything on the mustang, so just keep it, put it in the garage, buy a another set of wheels, and you can have your cake and eat it too.:D

haha you had me laughing on the cake and eating it too...
i would keep the stang, but it's scary how easily you can dump money into the car. a mustang has to be the easiest car to modify, which is probably why they're so popular... but for me, i get excessive... ie: 8-10G a year... not worth it. one of many reasons why i think it's time to move on.

Killercanary said:
The elise sports a toyota 1.8L 2ZZ engine (only 180hp I believe!!!), my wife's MR2 has the 138hp 1.8 1ZZ engine. The 2ZZ is a fairly easy swap though for it! :D

Caldwell, if you want some more info on the MR2 check out http://ww.spyderchat.com You can find anything and everything about it there.

Checkin that link out now.
thanks for the help Paul, i appreciate the views. It helps me out a lot on the decisions i'm going to be making next year. :cheers:

Caldwell said:
haha you had me laughing on the cake and eating it too...
i would keep the stang, but it's scary how easily you can dump money into the car. a mustang has to be the easiest car to modify, which is probably why they're so popular... but for me, i get excessive... ie: 8-10G a year... not worth it. one of many reasons why i think it's time to move on.

Checkin that link out now.
thanks for the help Paul, i appreciate the views. It helps me out a lot on the decisions i'm going to be making next year. :cheers:
dude just set yourself on an amount of money that your gonna spend on the stang each year, and STICK to it...that way you can still have an AWESOME car for teh nice weather, and a car that will go in snow, rain, and anything else as well.....its such a better choice man.....you car is jsut SWEET....if i had the money, i'd sell mine and buy yours in a heartbeat....:Word:

stprorolla49 said:
dude just set yourself on an amount of money that your gonna spend on the stang each year, and STICK to it...that way you can still have an AWESOME car for teh nice weather, and a car that will go in snow, rain, and anything else as well.....its such a better choice man.....you car is jsut SWEET....if i had the money, i'd sell mine and buy yours in a heartbeat....:Word:

My thoughts exactly! This is what I do. I usually set a limit of $1500/yr to spend on my car. I have pretty much stuck to that every year except the year I put my heads and TKO in the car, and the year I bought my wheels. I didn't spend anything on the car this year since it was broken, but in the past few weeks I have started buying stuff for the car to get it ready for next year and I have already exceeded my yearly allotment of money. My car as you see it now is the result of slowly building since '97.

Caldwell said:
thanks for the help Paul, i appreciate the views. It helps me out a lot on the decisions i'm going to be making next year

No problem man, let me know if you have any other questions. I research the crap out of everything I do... that's also why it takes me so long to decide on things as well. I'm probably the most indecisive person you'd ever want to meet. LOL!

Somones gonna shoot me but I think the z4 and s2000 look pretty good even better then your stang (comon guys 2 seater verts always cooler then 4 seater verts), but you have to remember

a) your not gonna get good performance per dollar
b) When something breaks on the bmw repair costs are insane. If you own a bmw they assume your rich enoughto pay for their pricey repair costs. My roomate has a bmw, repair costs are INSANE.

c) s2000 looks nice, but are you going to be happy running 14's, plus your going to have to deal with "owning a honda"

350z roadsters look cool btw LOL

Henceforward said:

hahah i deserve that... bringing up all this talk about buying a honda...

Killercanary said:
No problem man, let me know if you have any other questions. I research the crap out of everything I do... that's also why it takes me so long to decide on things as well. I'm probably the most indecisive person you'd ever want to meet. LOL!

Hey that's exactly what I need though. When i bought this mustang, it was a total spontaneous purchase. I always loved them, don't get me wrong, and always wanted one, but I literally woke up one day and went, okay! sellin the fox, gettin an sn95.

Engel said:
Somones gonna shoot me but I think the z4 and s2000 look pretty good even better then your stang (comon guys 2 seater verts always cooler then 4 seater verts), but you have to remember

a) your not gonna get good performance per dollar
b) When something breaks on the bmw repair costs are insane. If you own a bmw they assume your rich enoughto pay for their pricey repair costs. My roomate has a bmw, repair costs are INSANE.

c) s2000 looks nice, but are you going to be happy running 14's, plus your going to have to deal with "owning a honda"

350z roadsters look cool btw LOL

good post :nice:
you've got me thinking on it.

I agree with you, I think the s2000 is a sex-mobile on wheels. Dead Sexy. That's kind of why I wanted it. I want a two seater for my next car, and there aren't a lot of options.

a) If you mean engine mods then I agree with you. It is a honda however, and there are a million of them, so modding the car won't be brutal. But it will be more expensive than my mustang that I have now.
b) also true. BUT, my car will be warrantied... the next one anyway. 2 year minimum, and I won't buy anything without one, bumper to bumper. I have no problems paying for oil changes etc... but i'm tired of forking over for pain in the ass repairs like a harmonic balancer, release bearing, a driver's side window motor, 1st gear syncho, hoses, seals... and everything else that seems to go wrong with an 11 year old daily driver. :fuss: I love the car, i honestly do, but...
c) ah yes, the "I own a honda" :rlaugh: I'll be okay with it just because... Hm, it's difficult to explain. A lot of locals in the region know the car I drive and you all know what I drive. I won't rice the car out. It's going to be clean and sophisticated. Plus I hope when people realize it's a Honda *s2000* people are drawn to the s2000 rather than the Honda. Other than their NSX which is crap, their s2000 is more or less their top car...
plus, when the warranty is done, i will be looking into turbo charging the car.
high 12s is good for me. :nice:

350z....they're nice. They have major alignment problems though.

I'm ignoring your post that calls the wrx ugly:nonono: (j/k) It's not a great looking car, but it grows on you.

I was in your position a year ago, so I know what you're going through. You love the car, but it just feels like something is missing. I felt like my car was a burden, between cleaning it constantly (black vert) and with all the plans I had for mods. Not too mention that fact that I was sick of driving my beater car and having the stang sit in the garage for over half the year. So I sold it and went with a silver STi. It's a blast to drive, and I realized that there are cars out there that I can really enjoy other than mustangs.

That being said, I find myself looking at mustang ads all the time. I won't sell the STi and go back unless I'd move to a place without snow, but I will be getting another stang in a few years.

I guess my point is, you can't go wrong with trying something new, but you'll come back eventually. There's something about these cars that pulls you back, I don't know if it's the sound or what but it seems to happen all the time.

On a side note, my buddy has an 05 S2k and I am very impressed by it. The fit and finish of the interior is very nice and very cockpit like. It's pretty quick for a NA 4 banger and it sounds sweet at 5500+ once the v-tec kicks in.

94blackGTvert said:
I'm ignoring your post that calls the wrx ugly:nonono: (j/k) It's not a great looking car, but it grows on you.

I was in your position a year ago, so I know what you're going through. You love the car, but it just feels like something is missing. I felt like my car was a burden, between cleaning it constantly (black vert) and with all the plans I had for mods. Not too mention that fact that I was sick of driving my beater car and having the stang sit in the garage for over half the year. So I sold it and went with a silver STi. It's a blast to drive, and I realized that there are cars out there that I can really enjoy other than mustangs.

That being said, I find myself looking at mustang ads all the time. I won't sell the STi and go back unless I'd move to a place without snow, but I will be getting another stang in a few years.

I guess my point is, you can't go wrong with trying something new, but you'll come back eventually. There's something about these cars that pulls you back, I don't know if it's the sound or what but it seems to happen all the time.

On a side note, my buddy has an 05 S2k and I am very impressed by it. The fit and finish of the interior is very nice and very cockpit like. It's pretty quick for a NA 4 banger and it sounds sweet at 5500+ once the v-tec kicks in.

Yeah see you're in the exact same boat as I am right now. No offense to the STI :) I always read awesome reviews about them, but when it just breaks down to style, they're not my thing. I do anticipate going back to a mustang, and your post has really helped a lot in terms of ideas that I can run with and what I can expect.
Do you have any pics of your buddy's s2k?

Thanks again for the post man, it was really helpful, and realistic! I think that's what i appreciated about it the most. I won't own a mustang my whole life, but i acknowledge what a good car it is. The car i have now just doesn't do it for me. You're exactly right, it's just a bit too much work than what I want. :cheers:

Caldwell said:
Yeah see you're in the exact same boat as I am right now. No offense to the STI :) I always read awesome reviews about them, but when it just breaks down to style, they're not my thing. I do anticipate going back to a mustang, and your post has really helped a lot in terms of ideas that I can run with and what I can expect.
Do you have any pics of your buddy's s2k?

Thanks again for the post man, it was really helpful, and realistic! I think that's what i appreciated about it the most. I won't own a mustang my whole life, but i acknowledge what a good car it is. The car i have now just doesn't do it for me. You're exactly right, it's just a bit too much work than what I want. :cheers:

I don't have any pics of my buddy's car, but I mentioned it to him and he said he'd take pics of whatever you wanted to see. so if you have any preferences let me know and I'll get some for you. Also if you want to read up on 'em, check out www.s2ki.com

I'm trying to convince him to put a turbo kit on his car. 450 rwhp on a car that weighs 2800 lbs would be pretty awesome.

94blackGTvert said:
I don't have any pics of my buddy's car, but I mentioned it to him and he said he'd take pics of whatever you wanted to see. so if you have any preferences let me know and I'll get some for you. Also if you want to read up on 'em, check out www.s2ki.com

I'm trying to convince him to put a turbo kit on his car. 450 rwhp on a car that weighs 2800 lbs would be pretty awesome.

anything and everything. Flood me with pics dude I love them. Rim shots, body shots, engine and interior, i am not a picky man :D
I already joined that forum actually :rlaugh: how bad is that.

I was debating on a supercharger for the one I get actually, but the only problem is the compression is so f'n high, i'll need to change over the pistons etc... :(

xr8d302 said:
For the love of god! Don't say that to Caldwell! :D :p :rolleyes:

haha see how well these guys know me in here?
it's pretty sad actually.
so long as they realize i'm not going anywhere :p