Sound/Heat Damping?

ran260gt

Sep 7, 2005
I`m half way done getting up the rest of the tar paper stuff off the floor pan , pass side is done and painted , by this weekend the driver side will be done but before I install my lightweight carpet , I want to put some heat shield/sound damping material down on the firewall and trans tunnel !

I dont know much about the stuff , so what should I get , I seen heat shield at Autozone called thermo-tec , but it pricey at 60 bucks for a size of 36X60 and 30 for a size of 36X24 , I think I may need more then 36X60 ,but paying 90 buck for this stuff is crazy , is there cheaper stuff out there !

thanks !

• Sponsors (?)

i did my entire car atleast once over, mostly doubled with raammat bxt and love it. you can get it at raamaudio.com

if you just want cheap stuff you could even do peel and seal from the roofing section at home depot/ lowes but your car will smell like tar for a long time, and it's a lot thinner than raammat. i think it is basically about $1/sq ft. give or take a few cents if i remember

i did my entire car atleast once over, mostly doubled with raammat bxt and love it. you can get it at raamaudio.com

if you just want cheap stuff you could even do peel and seal from the roofing section at home depot/ lowes but your car will smell like tar for a long time, and it's a lot thinner than raammat. i think it is basically about $1/sq ft. give or take a few cents if i remember

Great , thanks :nice:!