Sound transition from Stock H to O/R X

trailblz

Mar 24, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
I just recently started driving a Mustang again after about 2 years. This new one I picked up has an off road x pipe installed. I must say that is sounds totally different than my previous one. It almost sounds like (from inside the car) that you can hear each of the cylinders moving up and down. That is probably not a great discription, but it the best I can come up with. However, this is only when driving "regular". When I drive aggressive, it just sounds like an aggressive Modular V8. Oh yeah, the stock cat back is still installed.

Anyone else have this same experience?

Thanks.

Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

Either that's just the typical whoosh noise you get with an offroad midpipe, or you have a leak at the manifold flange. If your X-pipe is a Mac one like mine, I can bet it's leaking at one of the flanges.

Shiroelex said:
Either that's just the typical whoosh noise you get with an offroad midpipe, or you have a leak at the manifold flange. If your X-pipe is a Mac one like mine, I can bet it's leaking at one of the flanges.

I am not sure what brand it is, but I have a copy of the receipt for the install, and it was done by a very reputable Mustang shop, so I doubt its leaking.

Any chance it would start leaking a few months after install? Maybe I'll check the bolts this weekend....

trailblz said:
I am not sure what brand it is, but I have a copy of the receipt for the install, and it was done by a very reputable Mustang shop, so I doubt its leaking.

Any chance it would start leaking a few months after install? Maybe I'll check the bolts this weekend....

On the pass. side where it connects to the manifold is almost guranteed to leak. I just replaced mine about 2-3 months ago and is leaking again. :bang:.