spark plug change without tsb

btorlv

Apr 8, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has any one changed there plugs with out using the soaking fluid? I have a 06 with 14000 and just wanted to put the champions in. I was afarid the fluid would foul the new plugs iwa going to use the rest of the tsb.

• Sponsors (?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has any one changed there plugs with out using the soaking fluid? I have a 06 with 14000 and just wanted to put the champions in. I was afarid the fluid would foul the new plugs iwa going to use the rest of the tsb.

sounds risky to me. I was scared to go anywhere near my plugs, so I had the Ford dealer do them the other day, just to be safe.

Did they have any problems & How much did it cost for labor?

With 63k miles im scared to say the word S***K P**G.

They didn't mention that they had any problems, and they got it done quick, so I don't think they ran into any problems. I bought the Autolite HT0 plugs myself, earlier, and those were like 80 bucks I think. The labor for the plugs was around 80 bucks or so. It must have taken them about an hour to do. Also, I had them do a compression test and a cylinder balance test while they had the plugs out (just to make me feel better), and that was like 40 bucks too.

I wouldn't worry about the fluid fouling your new plugs. By the time you put your new plugs in the fluid will have drained down into the cylinder. Those fluids are relatively light hydrocarbons and will get burned off very quickly once you start the engine. The only problem I've heard of is getting too much inside your cylinder and hydraulically locking the engine. Very little chance of that happening it you're at all careful. Follow the TSB including the fluid - a couple short spurts per plug is all you need.

They didn't mention that they had any problems, and they got it done quick, so I don't think they ran into any problems. I bought the Autolite HT0 plugs myself, earlier, and those were like 80 bucks I think. The labor for the plugs was around 80 bucks or so. It must have taken them about an hour to do. Also, I had them do a compression test and a cylinder balance test while they had the plugs out (just to make me feel better), and that was like 40 bucks too.

Thanks for the encouragement. Im going to let t hem change mine sometime this week. I got the brisk one piece plugs from brenspeed, they dont look like one piece tho. :shrug: Wish me luck.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. I will :Zip2: