Spark plug help!

shonoff

Dec 16, 2004
Ohio
I did some searching but couldnt really find anything..................I changed plugs in my 98 Gt today and found surprises. Got a couple questions. First, 6 of the plugs were splitfires, and 2 of the plugs are what i am assuming are the original motorcraft plugs. ( the back 2 on the passenger side) Ive put over 30k miles on the car like this. It didnt seen to have any effects, but will something like this take life off the engine? And 2nd the 2 plugs that came out are motorcraft AWSF 32PG. The ones autozone gave me are AGSF 32FM Do I have the right plugs now? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

what mods are done to your car? blower? The 2 rear cylinders do not get cooled (poor coolant flow) as good as the front six so i have heard of guys running different temp plugs in the rear. I've never done it and neither have any of my friends with modulars but i have heard it a few times over the years. Some of the guys with COPS and control of the functions will set different spark for the rear 2 cylinders. All i can think of unless someone was lazy when changing plugs :)

The 4.6L uses a weird setup of firing one bank of cylinders from the electrode to the ground strap and the other bank from the ground to the electrode. Because of this you need different plugs.

32P's are platnium electrodes
32PG's are platnium grounds
32PP are double platium, which means plats on both ground and electrode.

The PP's are usable on each side...or you could forget about platnium and run some copper 32c's

I dunno what the 32FM's are