Spark Plugs

tamadrummer88

Aug 19, 2005
Aloha State
So the mustang was having a hard time running the other day. Hard time starting too. When it ran, it ran like it had a cam in it, but worse. My dad removed a spark plug last night and it was covered in fuel. So were gonna change all the plugs with one heat range hotter. Any idea on what could cause it? 120k long block, long tubes and h pipe as the only mods. New fuel pump and the mass air meter was cleaned a little while back too. FWIW, the car has only idled in my garage and moved probably 50 or 60 feet between our garages. Hasn't seen the road in 3 years but was running fine before.

• Sponsors (?)

Old gas will make her run like poop. You shouldn't need anything other than stock heat range plugs in there.

Drain the fuel out of the tank, fill it full of fresh stuff and take it for a good drive.

I would look towards general tune up stuff first. As the others have said, I would stay with the standard plug on your car as well!

Changed plugs, but the car still idles choppy, or won't even stay on at all. I guess its time to check codes. How do you check it on a fox? whats the voltages for the TPS and all that? MAF was cleaned a month ago and the car has barely run since.

Like the other's said, going to hotter plugs is fixing the symptoms, not the disease. It needs solid diagnosis, not just new plugs.

Kurt

Changed the vacuum line, but still a :poo:ty idle. Checked the fuel filter to see if it was clogged, nope, flows free. Heard a sucking sound coming from under the intake, so gonna see if maybe more lines are cracked or if theres a crack in the vacuum tree under the intake. Gonna be taking off the upper this evening.

have you check fuel pressure ? is you fuel pump working correctly ?

Fuel pump is brand new, less than a month old. Car was running perfectly fine before.

SO completely removed upper and lower intake. got new gaskets for everything. Old gaskets were pretty worn, and i noticed some of the vacuum lines were cracked and possibly leaking. change all that out and not have to worry about that stuff for a long while.

Removed the valve covers, cleaned that up and ill paint it while its out. Gonna replace the gaskets too.

Fuel pump is brand new, less than a month old. Car was running perfectly fine before.

SO completely removed upper and lower intake. got new gaskets for everything. Old gaskets were pretty worn, and i noticed some of the vacuum lines were cracked and possibly leaking. change all that out and not have to worry about that stuff for a long while.

Removed the valve covers, cleaned that up and ill paint it while its out. Gonna replace the gaskets too.

Good luck, I hope your car running well again soon