Spark Plugs

Kdoggy

Jan 9, 2015
Torrance, CA
I was just curious does it really matter what kind of spark plugs you buy I'm sure anything would work obviously, but are some more high performance than others? I need to get some new spark plugs asap what do you guys recommend?

• Sponsors (?)

Most common used is NGK TR-55. It's a colder plug i believe if memory serves me right.. I have used that in all my Mod motor 2v 4.6's and i can honestly say it does run better compared to when it's had Autolites or Bosch, etc. And another good thing is it's also cheap! Here's a link with the right part # ad all that if u need it to have on u bro More Information for NGK 3951

Take care man! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Makes no difference on stock or bolt-on cars. Once you go boosted, they matter because a colder plug helps to deter detonation

Reactions: 1 user
I hear ya @ Nightfire.. I have had 5-6ish Gt 2v cars and i used to wonder what it was that sometimes when you take off and give it sum throttle n i mean barely halfway that it kinda like bog for a sec or two and then kick back in.. So on the first 99 Gt 2v i had i went thru the IAC and cleaned it, went and picked up a new fuel filter, checked all the vacuum hoses/lines and all was fine. So i had a free day couple days later and a guy that is a well known Mustang tuner popped into the auto parts place while i was there and he was saying he sees the TR-55's do really good with our motors and from then on to now they are all i run boosted or not lol ha ha. I am making my way to being BOOSTD hoping before next ocotberish.. late late case november! :) and btw nice ride n mods!! bad azz bro!

Reactions: 1 users
IMO it does matter but mostly in terms of plug life. I'm running NGK Iridium plugs in mine b/c I know I'll likely never have to replace them again before parting ways with the car. The fewer number of times you have to mess with spark plugs on these cars the better. You definitely don't want to bugger up the threads on one of those plug holes b/c they're aluminum & there are folks out there who've blown the plugs right out of the heads on these cars.

Reactions: 1 users
Most common used is NGK TR-55. It's a colder plug i believe if memory serves me right.. I have used that in all my Mod motor 2v 4.6's and i can honestly say it does run better compared to when it's had Autolites or Bosch, etc. And another good thing is it's also cheap! Here's a link with the right part # ad all that if u need it to have on u bro More Information for NGK 3951

Take care man! :)
Thanks for the help man