speaker mounting

dodgestang

Dec 15, 2003
Cecil County, MD
Well....I am hoping to fab up the following when I get around to hooking up the stereo.

Tweets flush mounted in the corners of the repro dash pad.
Mid mounted in the stock factory speaker location in the center of the dash.
Another set of mids in a custom encloser behind the fiberglass panels in the rear down towards the bottom where the little carpet peice glues on. A second set of tweeters replacing the rear courtesy lights in the fiberglass panels in the FB and then 2 eight or ten inch sub enclosers also mouted in a custom encloser behind the side fiberglass in front of the wheel wells. Amps under the rear seat of course. (I still might do the subs in the trunk depending on how much working space I lose with the rollbar, but I want to keep it as low profile as possible)

• Sponsors (?)

I don't plan to get into component speakers (for now anyhow), I just want to run 6x9's in the package tray, and a couple 5.25s in the front with 2 12s int he rear (i've already figured out how I'll arrange them.) I just can't imagine how to mount the 2 5.25s in the front, I can't see doing it in the stock location, just not enough room. Any ideas on how you plan to do that?

How DID you answer get put ahead of my question?!

i've got 6.5's in my kick panels, there are 6" speaker hole kick panels available most everywhere they sell aftermarket mustang parts. my PO cut the old kick panels to fit speakers there ( ghetto ass all hell )

I know there are 6" kick panels everywhere: I have a set. I got em used for $15 as a matter of fact. The problem is that my 5.25s have to much depth for the kick panels and I do not want to cut into that sheet metal there. Hence why I specifically asked for non kickpanel mounting locations.

Ozsum2 said:
Well, you're pretty limited. I guess you could fab something up on the front of the rear seat.
Well, I've already got the package tray speakers so I want something up front. I thought about shoving them in the doors since I'm already putting custom doorpanels in but...eh I just didn't like the idea.