speaking of odd noises

1quik69

Apr 2, 2005
I have a 95 gt convertible. I just got it back from the shop where we installed Steeda full length subframe connectors, aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, and a diff. girdle. I notice on the way home that when I got up to about 40mph I could hear a ringing sound(like the noise of a bell)/vibrating sound. The faster I went the louder/higher pitched the sound got. I only hear it when I am on the gas. The Trac-loc was also rebuilt and was set up fairly tight, but the noise from that quit after a few miles after the lube worked in. I looked under the car and could find nothing loose or rubbing. This noise was not ther before the work was done. Any ideas??:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

odd noises

Bill302, I distinctly remember the cow bell still hanging on the cow-a-sok-ee that was leaning against the wall, so I know it can't be that. Thanks anyway.

S/CBlack95GT said:
Take it back to the shop and have them jack the rear of the car. Then they can take it up to speed and see if the sound is coming from the rearend, which is my guess.
i agree--let them take care of it since it wasn't making that sound before they worked on the car.