Spec 1 Clutch??

I am having a problem with my fairly new clutch slipping. My mech called spec to try and get a replacement. They are giving him all sorts of excusses IE I'm doing burnouts, drag racing, etc... so they won't do anything. Its a daily driver and I don't do any of the things he's accused me of doing. There was a post here about them changing the formula of the clutch material. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'de like to use the info to cram it up his ... so I can get my money back and put a stock clutch back in the car.

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard of a number of Spec stage 1's having issues as of late.
The big issue was that they stink when they get warm. Under normal driving conditions they start to smell. They changed the material over to a organice formulation. This seems to be when the problems started. I really don't thing your going to be able to get any thing out of Spec. I know of others that tried with no results. Fidanza has a new 1.0 clutch coming out that sounds promising.

This really pisses me off about Spec or any company for that matter. I don't race or anything like that. I did need a new clutch so I went with an after market thinking it was better than oem. Wrong answer skippy. I will let as many people that ask about spec know they suck . If your gonna .... me kiss me first!

My stage one held up fine. It stank once and awhile under normal driving and chattered real bad on break in. Pulled it out about a month ago and everything still looked good.

But it could be one of those before the rumored switch of compound.

On another note all my Audi friends avoid Spec like the Plague... All of them picked up stage two's that fried within 500 to 1000 miles. Spec admitted that they had a bad batch... but no refunds.