Spec Clutch Question

• Sponsors (?)

db1994 said:
I have the stage 3 with the billet steel flywheel and its fine after the break in period.

Whay do people with 500HP cars want soft clutches that arent grabby?. Just stop being a bitch and drive the car like you mean it! ;)

-Jason

My question is why do people want a clutch that holds 500 lbs of torque with a tranny that'll barely hold 300?

Don't waste your money, get a KC for the T-5 and put the other hundred and fifty bucks toward a TKO600 or T-56 IMHO.....

I love my stage II, works great on my H/C/I nitrous car. No dyno yet, but 500 lbs of torque on the shot isn't unrealistic.

How is the pedal feel on a stage I and stage II? I am going through deciding to go with Spec and a new flywheel, or maybe a King Cobra. Probably leaning towards the Spec. I don't mean to jack a thread. I just figured since everyone was talking about Spec, that I shouldn't waste a new thread that will repeat a lot of the same info. Thanks.

The Spec1 has a fairly soft pedal feel. Softer than the King Cobra thats for sure. But the break in period is what bugs me. I wasnt drivng on the street enough to put miles on the engine. The only thing I was doing was drag racing and burnouts at the track pretty much. So I totally fried it. I do love the King Cobra that I have right now. If you have patience to threat the car properly and break the clutch in the right way, I'm sure the Spec stage1 will do its job fine.

slvrbullit302 said:
I will get my friend to hook you up for now if you need one.

As for what I paid I had a hook up thru a dealer and my total out the door was $400 for the stage 3 and a billet steel flywheel.

Send me a pm. I would be interested also. I have been looking to get a stg. 3 with a pressure plate. Do they have TO bearings also? How much for the flywheel? Otherwise I'd pay like $50 to get mine resurfaced.

I thought I'd look into Kustom and McLeod also...???..???..

intresting.... so lets say i needed to get a tune asap after getting this engine back together....maybe a new clutch at this time isnt the greatest idea?
i am not doing the head gaskets on this car again....

95CobraMike said:
intresting.... so lets say i needed to get a tune asap after getting this engine back together....maybe a new clutch at this time isnt the greatest idea?
i am not doing the head gaskets on this car again....

Yeah, tell me about it. My turbo should be done it about a week or two and I still have a stock clutch. I plan on driving it 500 miles before the dyno tune, then take it easy (burnouts etc..) for about another 500 miles.