spec-d tuning headlights?

johnny_munyak

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone use this brand of headlights before? I was interested in acquiring a set, but am reluctant. I ordered a smoked set of headlights and matching fogs from American Muscle a few monts ago, but send them back. Very disappointing quality, broken parts in the box not to mention the sealing part they requested you do prior to install. I sent them back.

I'd still like a smoked set, and cruizin concepts seems to have a set I like, but I dont' want to go through the same hasle of sending them back because of poor quality. They are also a 1 piece design and they claim are SAE, DOT and 50 state legal. They sound good, but I'm most concerned on the quality.

Mustang Headlights Smoked 1 Piece (1994-1998)

Can anyone comment on their quality or perhaps vouch for any other lenses?

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone use this brand of headlights before? I was interested in acquiring a set, but am reluctant. I ordered a smoked set of headlights and matching fogs from American Muscle a few monts ago, but send them back. Very disappointing quality, broken parts in the box not to mention the sealing part they requested you do prior to install. I sent them back.

I'd still like a smoked set, and cruizin concepts seems to have a set I like, but I dont' want to go through the same hasle of sending them back because of poor quality. They are also a 1 piece design and they claim are SAE, DOT and 50 state legal. They sound good, but I'm most concerned on the quality.

Mustang Headlights Smoked 1 Piece (1994-1998)

Can anyone comment on their quality or perhaps vouch for any other lenses?

One piece headlights are crap and a pain in the ass to align. All headlights you should reseal, its recommended (they all leak).

Ive had good luck with depo's

All headlights you should reseal, its recommended (they all leak).

Ive had good luck with depo's

I agree with both of these statements. Depo's plastic quality is really good, but all aftermarket headlights seem to go cheap with the sealant. To be safe, I've re-sealed every set of lights/fogs I've bought. Better safe than sorry.

I learned to re-seal my headlights the hard way. I got home from work one day and found the lens on my left headlight was MISSING. It had fallen off on the way home, and was nowhere to be found. I had just installed them a few months earlier, and already had to buy another set. The next set I bought I checked the lenses every time I washed the car, and one time I found them BOTH loose.