Special 70 Mach-1 ?

pabear89 said:
:shrug: you will have to recheck the vin # and see.
:( what the pic's look like is a mach clone, itmay be a Sportsroof.
Sorry Oz thats what it's called, they did not come with the folddown rear seat.

PB

Looks more like a Mach 1 converted into a Boss clone as the 05 in the vin would suggest. That would explain the missing trim pieces. Also note the clock is present in the dash (page 1) and the grey stipe on the front seat above.

• Sponsors (?)

only said stickers as I was addressing another post that mentioned stickers. He was suggesting that Mach 1 was a performance package for '69-'70 and not '71-'73.

The Mach 1 is still an appearance package. The interior you described is the same as the Grande coupe.

:D True, - the rear seat option.
Here`s a picture of the back. I dident get all the way in the car and i dident see the trunk. But is this fold down back seat ???
Hard to say from that pic, if it is it's missing the chrome trim along the edges.

Looks more like a Mach 1 converted into a Boss clone as the 05 in the vin would suggest.
The 05 code give it the fastback roof line, you will need the Buck tag to tell what the add ons would have been.
The ram air hood could have been from a donor.
PB

There was a difference between the '69-'70 and '71 and later. There were quite a few interior and exterior upgrades with the Mach1 package at first including at least a 351-2v with 9" rear end. After '71 the Mach 1 could come with a 302-2v engine and I don't think there was much of an interior upgrade. I know the '71 Mach came with up to a 429 engine but the minumum options were a lot lower than in '69-'70, I think to cut costs. My '69 Mach 1 was hacked up also when I bought it. I had the vin# and warranty plate and original Title. It was an "M" code car but had a 302, C4 tranny and 8" rear when I bought it. Someone must have stripped the entire drivetrain out at some point. I think there were so many built that people didn't care until years later after driving Mustang II's. You can run that Marti report on the Vin# to find out if it was an original Mach1, you could get ram-air so maybe they used the parts on the 302 after blowing up the 351.

charlies said:
no boss came with an automatic did it? seems like its a plain ole 70 sportsroof made into a fake mach 1.

It is a real Mach 1 turned into a Boss clone.

It has full Mach 1 interior and a Mach 1 VIN.

The exterior does not say fake Mach 1.

The exterior has all the Boss trim: painted black tail light panel, painted black tail light bezels, standard grille, Boss stripes. The side stripes are reflecting the flash from the camera.

The ending Story....

I turns out to be a real Mach-1 and that some of the parts may have come from a Boss.
My brother bought the car on Thursday..and because i got so unhappy i went and bought a 79 Mustang Ghia :rolleyes:
Where on stangnet could i find some Pace Car parts for that Car ?

The 70 will now get a resto mod and if you like i could keep you guys posted with some pics.

Here`s some pics. My brother have taken out the springs to find out what must of to get it REAL LOW. The headers and PS is going off ! The shaker hood and scoop will be changed. My brother hates that hood..

I`ll post the project plans soon :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 70bosstilronny1.jpg
    70bosstilronny1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 70bosstilronny2.jpg
    70bosstilronny2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 112