Speed-o-meter?

nmb15831

Dec 9, 2009
are these speedometers acurate or not. i get up to highway speeds and hit cruise and almost every single car passes me. my girlfriend followed me in her car and said that it was about 5mph slower. i have a tune on my car and it says stock tires but im just not sure if the stock tires on an 08 gt are 17s or 18s. either way it drives great im just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

• Sponsors (?)

are these speedometers acurate or not. i get up to highway speeds and hit cruise and almost every single car passes me. my girlfriend followed me in her car and said that it was about 5mph slower. i have a tune on my car and it says stock tires but im just not sure if the stock tires on an 08 gt are 17s or 18s. either way it drives great im just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

have you tried the speedometer check things along side the highway ? Other than taking it to a speedo shop that's your only other option. All factory speedos vary, some more, some less.

The faster I am going, the more it is off. :shrug:

They are off by a percentage, so at low speeds it may not be noticable, mid speeds 1 or 2 mpg, highway speeds 3-5mph, and high even more so.

When the speedo reads 85mph my Stock 06gt 5speed with 3.55 and 235/55-17's is going 81/82mph on my GPS. My wife's Flex shows about the same variance.