SpeedCAL

• Sponsors (?)

w00t said:
Is a speedCAL necessary when replacing the stock gears with 4:30's? If so, where can I pick one up?

BTW I have a 2002 GT.

:spot:
Yes, Brothers performance or dallas mustang make speedcals. Or there are wire splices that are real cheap but i dont know much about them. Also you can have your computer flashed and adjusted for the new gears too. Might call around to local shops or to ford dealers to see how much that would be.

only if you want your speedo to be correct. dont forget without it you will also pick up alot more milage on your odometer because your odometer thinks your going faster and farther than you are

If you don't correct the speedo your odometer will think it's going farther and faster and so in essence you will put more miles on your car than you actually are. It's what ds02torchgt said. Definately get one b/c if you don't you'll probably be off by at least 20mph on your speedo. :notnice:

If you go with the Speed Cal from Dallas Mustangs(which is who I got mine from), they list it for 99.99 on their site. MM&FF shows their ad for 89.99. Tell them about it and you'll save yourself $10. :nice:

Also the instructions that they provide you with suck.... pictures are the worst black and white quality ive ever seen. You will need to find the instructions online somewhere. Also... Easiest thing ever to install... just make sure u have the right code for the gear setting and check it over twice or even a third time.