SPEEDING-How many Tickets ???????

I knew this guy who was running from the cops, pulled into a subdivision, into a drive way, turned the lights off then ducked. Cop pulls up, knocks on the window and just smiled lol. He was holding his car with the foot brake so theres 2 red lights screaming I AM THE ONE WHO RAN, plus the engine was kinda running. Thats jus towned

• Sponsors (?)

TMX said:
I knew this guy who was running from the cops, pulled into a subdivision, into a drive way, turned the lights off then ducked. Cop pulls up, knocks on the window and just smiled lol. He was holding his car with the foot brake so theres 2 red lights screaming I AM THE ONE WHO RAN, plus the engine was kinda running. Thats jus towned

How much was his ticket for?

Two wreckless driving tickets. Basically I was speeding, but the cops gave me an $80 instead for being cooperative.

I've also been let off about 3 times for being cooperative and considering the safety of the police officer when I picked a place to pull over. Most cops I talk to say they hate doing traffic. Some have even said they don't give out many speeding tickets because they do it themselves.
Makes me kind of wonder about those Highway Patrolmen. Those guys NEVER let you go.:shrug:

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Two wreckless driving tickets. Basically I was speeding, but the cops gave me an $80 instead for being cooperative.

I've also been let off about 3 times for being cooperative and considering the safety of the police officer when I picked a place to pull over. Most cops I talk to say they hate doing traffic. Some have even said they don't give out many speeding tickets because they do it themselves.
Makes me kind of wonder about those Highway Patrolmen. Those guys NEVER let you go.:shrug:[/QUOTE]

Well my second SPEEDING ticket was on THANKSGIVING DAY-and I did say THANK YOU to the CHP Officer though.........a few days earlier(Friday nite)I was pulled over in the City(Ventura, CA).....I was parked on the side of the street and kinda BURNED some Rubber-the cop was on the other side w/his headlights off.....as soon as I saw him I KNEW IT....so I slowed down and there he was U Turn and right behind me on the Red Light......as soon as it got Green He Put the DISCO LIGHTS on.......PARTY TIME:

Q: What`s the Rush for ?
A: I wasn`t Rushing !
Q: So , you always DRIVE like that ?
A: Oh, no it just Happened.......:D !:flag:
........He comes back and says : Ok, be carefull `cause there`s a Lot of DRUNK people on the Street 2nite who may JUMP on the Street, I don`t want you to DING your beautifull Car....and that was it-After that I got the speeding on the Freeway(I guess it was a SIGN) So now I am much more cautious(kinda)`till I get the MACH 1:SNSign:

b52yellow said:
You see there was your mistake.......You should`ve faught that.According to the BASIC SPEED LAW you weren`t Speeding-Just Avoiding a danger. Situation on the road w/a slow moving vehicle and the other driver should`ve been charged w/not obeying the BASIC SPEED LAW....................

Um....WRONG!!!

You do realize that the standard police answer is to that situation, don't you?

"If you had to break the speed limit to make the pass, you didn't need to make the pass."

yeh you can only pass if it is "safe to do so" and you do not exceed the posted speed limit.
BTW when you fight a ticket dont ever bother giving an excuse or reason. because the only way to win is claim that you infact did not break the speed limit at all.
no matter how good your excuse is, if you admit you broke the law. you lose!
TRUST ME

drivesideways46 said:
Um....WRONG!!!

You do realize that the standard police answer is to that situation, don't you?

"If you had to break the speed limit to make the pass, you didn't need to make the pass."

I`ll have to correct you on that one-You have nothing to do w/the COP,you present your case at the Court w/the facts........In his Case if the other vehicle was driving too slow and was causing a danger to the normal flow his "SPEEDING" was per se JUSTIFIED(meaning he was avoiding being rearended if he started braking-depending on the situation offcourse)
Here`s a copy from the California Vehicle Code for the Basic Speed Law ,

CVC 22350, states: "No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.

"Section (b) of Speed Law Violations, CVC 22351, states: "The speed of any vehicle upon a highway in excess of the prima facie speed limits...or established as authorized in this code (includes the 65mph max speed limit) is prima facie unlawful unless the defendant establishes by competent evidence that the speed in excess of said limits did not constitute a violation of the basic speed law at the time, place, and under the conditions then existing"

The Minimum Speed Law states:"No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic...."

GREYFOX4INCH said:
no matter how good your excuse is, if you admit you broke the law. you lose!
TRUST ME
Disagree w/that statement either........you are INNOCENT Untill proven GUILTY so if you are driving in a 65 MPH zone @66Mph you are as guilty as you are to drive @100Mph
,so the JUDGE must see you as INNOCENT-otherwise he will be braking his CODE OF ETHICS, that`s why there are laws that Prohibit even the Police to misuse their equipment (CARS, RADARS etc)so if you don`t implement them into your case the COURT will always win.

In my case the CHP didn`t use his Red lights and Siren in the pursuit untill he caught up w/me-so he was basically "SPEEDING" unlawfully-they are EXEMPT from speeding if they don`t use their RED LIGHTS AND SIRENS in a Pursuit of a Suspect or a potential Lawbreaker

that's CALIFORNIA law, in Misouri and many other states it is different. In Texas it is illegal to go below 20 on the freeway/highway, but if you pass the person doing 70+, your still speeding (65 is posted limit), pay up. Plus, if you ADMIT your guilt....that's kinda proving it so grayfox is still right. It's like saying I'm sorry I killed the man, he was just annoying. Your still going to jail.

Also, read the law the way a judge does.
"No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property." IT DOES NOT STATE LOWER THAN. It states a person can speed on the highway if it means getting out of the way to safety from someone going ABOVE a reasonable speed limit.

b52yellow said:
In my case the CHP didn`t use his Red lights and Siren in the pursuit untill he caught up w/me-so he was basically "SPEEDING" unlawfully-they are EXEMPT from speeding if they don`t use their RED LIGHTS AND SIRENS in a Pursuit of a Suspect or a potential Lawbreaker

I hate people that hold this opinion. Have you ever been on a police ride along? Do you know what a Code 2 is?
If a code 2 is called, the unit is to respond with lights but w/o siren. This is the general rule, but many departments ALLOW quick response w/o lights or siren. This is because stupid people see the strobes and just anchor the car(instead of simply pulling over), causing a very dangerous situation for the repsonding unit and themselves. It's more common for cops to run w/o lights, and just work with traffic rather than try to fight it. If they come to an intersection, the lights go on, then back off when they're through.

So the cop in your situation didn't necessarily do anything wrong. Stop looking for a fault in what he did. Speeding is a game everyone plays. You speed and hope not to get caught, but sometimes you do.
You got caught, grow up, accept your responsibility, and move on.

TMX said:
Also, read the law the way a judge does.
"No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property." IT DOES NOT STATE LOWER THAN. It states a person can speed on the highway if it means getting out of the way to safety from someone going ABOVE a reasonable speed limit.

+1

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I hate people that hold this opinion. Have you ever been on a police ride along? Do you know what a Code 2 is?
If a code 2 is called, the unit is to respond with lights but w/o siren. This is the general rule, but many departments ALLOW quick response w/o lights or siren. This is because stupid people see the strobes and just anchor the car(instead of simply pulling over), causing a very dangerous situation for the repsonding unit and themselves. It's more common for cops to run w/o lights, and just work with traffic rather than try to fight it. If they come to an intersection, the lights go on, then back off when they're through.

So the cop in your situation didn't necessarily do anything wrong. Stop looking for a fault in what he did. Speeding is a game everyone plays. You speed and hope not to get caught, but sometimes you do.
You got caught, grow up, accept your responsibility, and move on.[/QUOTE]

I Tottaly agree w/you Man-but these LAWS were created so that everybody can Benefit if they Implement them correctly regardless of who`s at fault......If he wasn`t sure who the SPEEDER was -(because of the Radar`s spread spectrum-4lanes usually) he may have targeted another vehicle and got me instead-or maybe his Radar wasn`t functioning properly..........not calibrated e.t.c that`s why it says: "INNOCENT untill proven GUILTY"

Anywho I know that when I`m wrong I will pay the PRICE-but why not try and get a little help from the System itself because they created those LAWS not Me or You or anybody else-we can just make USE of them
THAT`S ALL I WAS TRYING TO SAY-So, I`m sorry if anybody misunderstood my POINT

Ok

I got pulled over 14 days after getting my license for speeding right after school 4 years ago. Not pulled over since until about a month ago. had the stang for 2 1/2 years before getting pulled over. I got pulled over twice in 2 weeks for my tint(2%). But I've also never gotta a ticket in my life, only verbal warnings.

I am 16 and in missouri i have a 1 o'clock curfew by law. I was out partying w/ one of my friends one night and at 2 we decided to go to his house 10 miles away on a highway. Speed limit is 55 and we had both put back a couple. So we were probably 3/4 of a mile from his house. He drives a big dodge truck and i drive a vert silver stang. He is goin 80 and i'm doin 85 or so in a 55. We see a car comin and slow down a bit then floor it when he's past. As we were guessin he flipped a bitch and started comin after us w/o his lights or sirens. He is barely catchin up to us as we pull in the guys driveway. The cop pretty much stopped at the end of his driveway then kept on drivin.

In this case the cop not using his lights or sirens worked to our advantage because if he'd turned them on he could have pulled into the guys drivewya and busted us. That was about the scariest night of my life. I dont even want to think about how much that ticket would have been and how long i wouldn't have had a lisense. Needless to say if i drink at all i wont even get in my car anymore.

trock said:
I am 16 and in missouri i have a 1 o'clock curfew by law. I was out partying w/ one of my friends one night and at 2 we decided to go to his house 10 miles away on a highway. Speed limit is 55 and we had both put back a couple. So we were probably 3/4 of a mile from his house. He drives a big dodge truck and i drive a vert silver stang. He is goin 80 and i'm doin 85 or so in a 55. We see a car comin and slow down a bit then floor it when he's past. As we were guessin he flipped a bitch and started comin after us w/o his lights or sirens. He is barely catchin up to us as we pull in the guys driveway. The cop pretty much stopped at the end of his driveway then kept on drivin.

In this case the cop not using his lights or sirens worked to our advantage because if he'd turned them on he could have pulled into the guys drivewya and busted us. That was about the scariest night of my life. I dont even want to think about how much that ticket would have been and how long i wouldn't have had a lisense. Needless to say if i drink at all i wont even get in my car anymore.

If he wanted to stop you, he would have. The pursuit lights don't have to be on when the cop makes a turn, just when he/she are behind you and getting out. If there was already probable cause for the stop, you're done.

FYI: 16 years old and drunk driving is dumb

So I`m coming back from a Nite out tonight and notice on the Freeway a MITSUBISHI Evolution-NEON-ed underneath w/a Big A~~ Spoiler like it had a WHALE`s TALE in the back lol,RICER to the Bone.......So I started passing him (slowly) and then I Floored it like there was a BIG RIG w/out Brakes coming right behind me.......:)))))) and the guy goes Furious and catches up pretty quick......and we`re "PLAYIN` " like that for a while, before the next Onramp my ANTIRADAR started beeping like crazy so I quickly accelerate somewhat and pass him again and Slam on the brakes to go the Speed limit (65mph) and he does the same but Speeds up to about 110mph and I`m just seeing the DISCO LIGHTS go On and next thing I see-he`s on the side of the Road PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING and probably wreckless and what not....:)))))) That wasn`t the first SUCKER I nailed quite a few RICERS so far-"Another one Bites the DUST form the HORSESHOE"

Maybe it wasn`t nice of me , but Hey he asked for it:D-YOU RUN WITH THE HORSE`YOU GONNA GET THE COURSE:D

I have had my share.Lets just say the last 4, a lawyer took care of them.$275 each..no points ,no court.I try not to speed anymore,but sometimes it happens.And it dont help that my speedo is 15 mph or so off.I need to fix that