Roush Speedline Magnesium 18's what are they worth ?

Cory351

Apr 8, 2003
San Diego
I have a set of 18" Speedline Magnesiums on my 96 clone I'm thinking on changing rims and whant to get an Idea what there woth. I have 18x8.5 and 18x10 on the back. rims got a bad power coat last time and need to be redone but other than that they are in mint shape and I have all the lugs! (dam lugs are $200 a set) So anyone have an idea?? last time I saw some for sale it was 3 rims and only 2 ov them were good. and they went for over $1000 !

• Sponsors (?)

Cory351 said:
I have a set of 18" Speedline Magnesiums on my 96 clone I'm thinking on changing rims and whant to get an Idea what there woth. I have 18x8.5 and 18x10 on the back. rims got a bad power coat last time and need to be redone but other than that they are in mint shape and I have all the lugs! (dam lugs are $200 a set) So anyone have an idea?? last time I saw some for sale it was 3 rims and only 2 ov them were good. and they went for over $1000 !

I pieced together a set of magnesium wheels the past year, here's what I paid:
(2) 18" x 8.5" Front offset already refinished = $500
(2) 18" x 10" Brand new in box = $900
cost to refinish wheels correctly if needed = $400 total (or $100 per)
Let's do some math, shall we:
My 18" x 8.5" Fronts $500 + New 10" Rears $900 = $1400 ready to mount
Subtract $400 for refinishing = your set @ $1100. I don't think Marcus95 was to far off and your 10" rears aren't new. Throw in the set of lug nuts @ $200 (you can find them for less) add $100 at the most to the price
Grand total with lug nuts = $1200
Marcus next time take into consideration the lug nuts please :D

If you don't believe me, ask Dan (footnfan), he pieced together 3 (yes that's right) three sets of mag wheels in the last two months that were all 8.5" fronts and 10" rears for even less then mine........... Sorry to burst your bubble about the wheels. I thought they would be more valuable and rare but they seem to be popping up out of the woods alot lately

Hey.

He didn't ask what his nuts were worth, he asked what the wheels were worth. :D

Supply and demand Jr. Just like Speedster said, they seem to be popping out of the woods lately. I have three sets myself. Wanna buy a set?
A year or so ago, you didn't see any of them around. Now, I see them on ebay every other week. This is a tight crew here.
Oh and by the way, the "3" you saw sell not long ago came from San Diego and Dan ( footnfan ) the guy Speedster was talking about is the guy who bought those.

By the way, how could they be "mint" but need a new powdercoat? :shrug:

Mark.

You are nuts. Some kind of wheel assasin. :D What the hell are you going to do with all of those caps and wheels? You are worse than all of the rest of us put together in the wheels dept.

Oh yea, and stop using ALL CAPS when you type. We hear you! :D

Later.

What I will admit to...

marcus95 said:
Hey.

He didn't ask what his nuts were worth, he asked what the wheels were worth. :D

Supply and demand Jr. Just like Speedster said, they seem to be popping out of the woods lately. I have three sets myself. Wanna buy a set?
A year or so ago, you didn't see any of them around. Now, I see them on ebay every other week. This is a tight crew here.
Oh and by the way, the "3" you saw sell not long ago came from San Diego and Dan ( footnfan ) the guy Speedster was talking about is the guy who bought those.

By the way, how could they be "mint" but need a new powdercoat? :shrug:

Well, if you count the ones on the cars...I'll admit to 4 sets.......but only my hairdresser knows for sure.

Man, it was all I could do to pass up those sweet fox body speedlines on e bay last week. I have some control...not much, but some.

The wheels are sure in great supply now. I plan to get the best of the best re powdered coated, and sell the rest, but not now! Sheez, 1,000 per set seems to be the number. I have had lots of e mails re buying other sets....at less than 1,000 but who knows on the condition.

What they are worth is what you can sell them for TODAY! The rest is just jet wash!

Oh, I finally took 95 #111 to a cruise in. Man, if I had a dime for every person that asked me to start it up so they could hear the vortech. It kept my 15 year old busy and I really enjoyed the interest. One guy kept telling me ....ADD NOS to it, then it will really fly! PLEASE, I would prefer not to kill myself. As I get older...I drive slower! I have much more respect for the "ride" than I used to.

Oh man, I am blabbering.....

Dan