speedo and diablo predator

bobc83

Jul 31, 2007
Normal,IL
I have the diablo predator tuner and have a question to see anyone else has seen this. When I use the factory HP tune to just make some adjustments it wont make speedo adjustments when I set the rear end ratio. If I use the performance tune it does just fine and there is no problem. I'm lost?

• Sponsors (?)

You have to have the performance tune installed if you want to make those changes. You can't make those adjustments with the factory tune. I tried as well.

I just checked DiabloSport's website and there is an update listed for our units, it's rather vauge on what it does but wonder if that would solve the problem? that sucks they send you a tuner that does everything BUT the gear/speedo changes and a canned tune that doesn't work well on some cars.

hmm, i agree it probably won't. I want to spray my 100shot but don't have a a/f gauge set up yet so I'm not sure if I can spray it with the Performance tune in there. It doesn't ping now, but I heard I would want to take a couple degrees of timing out it.

DO NOT spray with the performance tune in there untill you figure out your timing!!!

Even if it is set at zero advance, it is still highly likely that the canned or performance tune has allready advanced the timing a few degrees.

NX states that their kits can be sprayed without and reduction in timing, I think a few other kits may say the same. Other kits say to pull a degree or two, and once you start spraying above a 100 shot its a good idea to pull a degree or two as a saftey precaution.