Speedo cable replace

geostang351

Mar 30, 2005
Danb., CT
I am about to change out the original speedo cable from my 68 coupe and noticed that it seems pretty difficult to remove from the firewall. My access to the firewall is obstructed by my Granade power booster and I have NO desire to remove the booster and MC for better access. Is there any recommended way to remove the cable? Cut it? How will the installation of the new cable be? Should I make a new hole in the Fire wall for the new one?

• Sponsors (?)

Really not too hard. Just pull the carpet forward. Sometimes you have to remove the rocker sill to get enough room to get it out. I would recomend a scott drake speedo though. I've tried "other" companies speedos, and they bounced more than the one I took out.

Really not too hard. Just pull the carpet forward. Sometimes you have to remove the rocker sill to get enough room to get it out. I would recomend a scott drake speedo though. I've tried "other" companies speedos, and they bounced more than the one I took out.

I was going to get the cable from Mustangs Unlimited. Are you saying I should call Scott Drake direct or ask from MU if they use SD? My cable bounces now so I just assumed it was worn. Hate to put a new one in and have the same bouncing effect.