Speedo is off, new tranny

TheSalad

Aug 3, 2003
Utah
I just put a Tremec T45 in my 96 GT, replacing the Borg Warner. So, I hooked up the speedo and everything, but it reads insanely fast, what do I need to do to fix this?

• Sponsors (?)

Sam98 said:
Get the correct VSS for that transmission maybe... :shrug:

Did the 96 still have a speedometer cable?

Yeah, but the new tranny has a magnetic VSS whereas the old Borg Warner was mechanical...I just need a different speedcal with settings able to adjust that high.

Any more comments?

TheSalad, I think you've already got a a SpeedCal right? If so get in touch with me and we'll arrange to swap out the PROM with the software load to upgrade it to an ER SpeedCal. What you've done is put a 99+ tranny in your 96. The speedo scaling is VERY different on these two trannys but they are both still electronic. Dont worry its easy to fix.

TriBlkCobra said:
TheSalad, I think you've already got a a SpeedCal right? If so get in touch with me and we'll arrange to swap out the PROM with the software load to upgrade it to an ER SpeedCal. What you've done is put a 99+ tranny in your 96. The speedo scaling is VERY different on these two trannys but they are both still electronic. Dont worry its easy to fix.

Okay, if you have AIM my name is TheSaladClay

I am leaving for Brazil for 2 years on Dec. 9th, and my last day to get on the computer is Dec. 8th. I hope you get back to me by then.

Thanks!