Spintech Side Exhaust - Installed

• Sponsors (?)

Man that thing sounds mean. I once installed a set of flowtech long tube headers on an F250 that had a 302 in it...ran two high-flow cats (no muffers) with side exit pipes and flared tips similar to those on the spintech system. It had a very similar sound although slightly louder.

By the way, that is a pretty high quality sound clip compared to some of the ones on mustangexhaust.com and other sides, good work.

Man that car sounds f****** sick what cam is that? now your next problem "I was actually thinking about selling it, my wife does not like the pipes near the window. I run 114 octain with no cats and she does not like the smell or the noise. I think it sounds sick, she is just too sensitive" that is what divorces are for :D Anyways i think i am going to order some spintechs now

i've got some questions, what brand is your h-pipe? does the spintech side exhaust only work with certain mid-pipes? i want exact setup as you BUT i want x-pipe, will it have same sound at idle? i love that sound.....reminds me of what the cars at a drag strip sound like......:D

He gave me a very nice list of performance parts. He even sent me a picture under the hood and I didnt save it.:lol: Stupid me, hopefully I will save it next time he I talk to him.

BTW, I believe he said its a Dr. Gas X pipe. Have to look at the front of the thread.(im to tired to)

Dave

88SC_GT said:
ill let you know how it turns out. my subframes are probably 1.5" thick. the question for me now is, how much do i need to take off?

ironheart, this should bolt right on fine, but do you want side exhaust or just a normal catback?

I was hoping for side-exit but I might change my mind based on whether or not I want tons tickets or not. Side exhaust is illegal here in CT unless it came stock on the car (no matter what trim level... For example, I could put side-exit on a 2000 V6, because it came on the Cobra R, I believe).

I'd be curious to know what to plan on doing though with the subframes I don't have yet if I want to run this exhaust. Sounds really nice and nobody I know of around here has it.

Michael Yount said:
Ironheart - long tubes make MORE low end torque, not less. MM&FF's header test last month had the long tube BBK's making almost 40 lb-ft more torque at 3000 rpm than the shorties. That increase disappeared as the revs went up - tests run on a 347.

Spin tech makes oval pipe and fittings. If you're not already using them, and you're looking for more ground clearance, you could run their 2.5" round to oval adapater on the outlet of the muffler, and then run oval pipe/ell to get to the side in front of the rear tire. Probably pick up at least an inch of clearance that way.

REALLY... That's good to know. I was told the opposite due to loss of backpressure. Longtubes will fail emissions testing when it starts up, but if I want to run an offroad H, I guess I'm setting myself up for that anyway. I'll just save the stock parts and throw 'em back on every couple of years to test.

I have heard that there is a problem accessing one of the transmission drain/fill plugs with longtubes. Anyone had this issue?