Spintech vs. Magnaflow

mike2858

Founding Member
Jul 10, 2002
West Long Branch Jersey.
i also posted this on Fnsweet.com but this place will most likely have more responses.

OK guys need some big help here. Currently my GT is stock (that means no K&N). i convinced myself that the first thing i would do is get a Side Exhaust. I was all set on getting the Roush/Magnaflow one....until this new spintech thing comes along. No matter what i do im getting the Roush look. But should i get the (sound enhanced)Magnaflow/Roush 1 or get the new spintech kit with roush tips. The following is how important each item is to me.

1 Quality/Durability- i want this tolast a long time- both i believe are completely SS- but do either 1 have any problems?

2 Sound- i want my car to have a deep fairly loud sound. (a magnaflow catted X will most likely be the next addition which i hear sounds more like an H then an X. { i havent heard either 1 on a stock gt}

3 Performance- although i know ill probably lose hp...id like to not lose THAT much

4 Price- the spintehc kit is about 360 and then id have to buy the roush tips. the roush kit is 800.00 from www.need-4-speed.com and 900+ from roush. (if i go with the roush does anyone know ifthe given website is a good 1?)

thank you everyone for your help :banana: :banana: :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but when I first got my GT last winter, I swapped the exhaust out at 800 miles on the odometer for a Mac o/r H-pipe and Spintech Sportsmans. The sound of the Spintechs is absolutely sick :drool: I would still have mine, but due to a botched install at a local shop....I swapped the cat-back out and bought what I could afford at the time which was the Magnaflow.

BTW, the construction quality of the Spintech mufflers is excellent.

thanks guys. i would get the enhanced sound side muffs so they would be louder then the regular magnaflows- not sure if as loud as the magnapacks. but im still more concerned with the build and how long the piping/kit will last because i can make it louder with other things....keep um coming :)

Don't know much about Spintech, but I do know that I have the full Magnaflow kit from the catted x-pipe to the Magnapacks. All I can say is.......(drowned out by the exhaust). It's not obnoxious like o/r with Magnapacks. I like the fact that my Magnaflow products are Stainless Steel which will hold up very well.

I heard a Spintech cat-back at the track and didnt really enjoy the sound it made. It wasnt side exhaust, and it still sounded better than most cars on the road... but it just didnt sound like a mustang IMHO.
I have magnapacks... and had magnaflows on my old '88 GT. I love anything magnaflow makes :nice:

I have Spintech's on my 98 Roush, so does does a friend of mine on his 02 Roush. It sounds really nice and classy, not overbearing by any means. Side exhaust in general, as long as you're using a chambered muffler, will sound distinctly different than a rear exit exhaust system.

i think im starting to lean towards the spintechs because-generally most people say both sound good and no body has complained about build/quality problems with either 1. so for a few hundred bucks less the spintechs look like a good choice. any more comments are appreciated :)

mike2858 said:
i think im starting to lean towards the spintechs because-generally most people say both sound good and no body has complained about build/quality problems with either 1. so for a few hundred bucks less the spintechs look like a good choice. any more comments are appreciated :)

Where are you finding the Spintech sides for $360? I can't find it at all. :shrug:

I've never heard the Spintech side-exit exhaust, but I have Spintech Sportsman mufflers on my car (rear exit) that sound great. It's never been annoying, interior resonance is low, and the build quality is excellent. It's stainless steel too, and the metal is a pretty thick gauge. It should hold up really well.

I also have a Spintech catted x-pipe, which uses the Dr. Gas crossover. It's great quality and it also sounds awesome. I know you only asked for info about the cat-back, but if you choose to purchase a mid-pipe in the future, you won't go wrong with the Spintech piece.

is the spintech X made out of SS because i know the Dr. Gas isnt.

I'm gonna try to keep this thread going to see if anyone chimes in with a Spintech catback or Side exhaust to say how the build quality of the piping,bolts,whatever is used to install the kid. thanks guys :cheers: