Spintech vs. Magnaflow

The quality of the Spintech components is good. The x-pipe, including the Dr. Gas crossover, is stainless steel. The cats did prove to be inadequate for the 4.6 motor, a known problem. I contacted the Spintech distributor near me about my SES light coming on despite me having catalytic converters, and he suggested putting MIL eliminators on. I did, and I haven't had a problem since. I don't know if the car will pass the smog test, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The fitment of the Spintech parts did require a little work to make it look right, such as trimming a bit off the tailpipes where they enter the muffler. The x-pipe still hangs a little low for my taste, but I could have tried to heat it up and adjust it a little. I didn't contact Spintech about this, so I can't blame them. I'm pretty happy with the way it fits now.

I bought my exhaust in June 2002, and it's been great since then. It's about to go through its second salt-ridden Chicago winter! At the time I bought my exhaust, Spintech was unable to manufacture stainless steel tailpipes. I have aluminized steel pipes with polished stainless tips. I haven't had a problem with rust, even in an area where I accidentally scraped the coating during installation. You should check with them now to see if they are manufacturing stainless steel tailpipes. The aluminized steel seems fine so far, but I may not be as picky as some of you. Keep in mind, it's only the tailpipes from the muffler to the tips that are aluminized; everything else (x-pipe, mufflers, flow tubes, tips) is stainless steel.

If I were you, I'd invest in some stainless steel clamps instead of using the cheapo ones. I chose not to weld my system together (it fits fine and doesn't leak), but it sucks to put bare steel clamps on a nice stainless system. The clamps rust after a little while and look like garbage.

I hope this answers your questions...I think I already addressed the sound quality in my previous posting. If not, then I'll say that I really like the way it sounds. I wish I could follow my car sometimes, because it sounds even better outside the car than it does on the inside...

• Sponsors (?)

Stanged78 said:
The quality of the Spintech components is good. The x-pipe, including the Dr. Gas crossover, is stainless steel. The cats did prove to be inadequate for the 4.6 motor, a known problem. I contacted the Spintech distributor near me about my SES light coming on despite me having catalytic converters, and he suggested putting MIL eliminators on. I did, and I haven't had a problem since. I don't know if the car will pass the smog test, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The fitment of the Spintech parts did require a little work to make it look right, such as trimming a bit off the tailpipes where they enter the muffler. The x-pipe still hangs a little low for my taste, but I could have tried to heat it up and adjust it a little. I didn't contact Spintech about this, so I can't blame them. I'm pretty happy with the way it fits now.

I bought my exhaust in June 2002, and it's been great since then. It's about to go through its second salt-ridden Chicago winter! At the time I bought my exhaust, Spintech was unable to manufacture stainless steel tailpipes. I have aluminized steel pipes with polished stainless tips. I haven't had a problem with rust, even in an area where I accidentally scraped the coating during installation. You should check with them now to see if they are manufacturing stainless steel tailpipes. The aluminized steel seems fine so far, but I may not be as picky as some of you. Keep in mind, it's only the tailpipes from the muffler to the tips that are aluminized; everything else (x-pipe, mufflers, flow tubes, tips) is stainless steel.

If I were you, I'd invest in some stainless steel clamps instead of using the cheapo ones. I chose not to weld my system together (it fits fine and doesn't leak), but it sucks to put bare steel clamps on a nice stainless system. The clamps rust after a little while and look like garbage.

I hope this answers your questions...I think I already addressed the sound quality in my previous posting. If not, then I'll say that I really like the way it sounds. I wish I could follow my car sometimes, because it sounds even better outside the car than it does on the inside...

:hail2: :hail2: i emailed them and they said the entire kit is stainless i guess because its mostly the piping and then ill be using Roush tips. i also emailed them about the clamps- they didnt get back to me but if they arent SS i will be buying a set of SS clamps. thats awesome that spintech makes Dr. Gas out of SS because i wanted the Dr. gas but didnt want to get a non SS piece of metal. im like 90% sureim getting the spintech now. thank you guys so much :banana: :banana:

Side Exhaust

Mike, I really want the Side Exhaust for my 01 Cobra but I am already 1.5 lowered and I do not think I can use the side shirt option. I am also thinking about the Spintech. The price and people seem to like the sound. I want to be heard, but I want to be able to talk also................I do not want the dreaded DDDRRROOONNNN........

I like the look of the twin slatted tips.

Let me know what you decide.