splashed gas in my eye, its watering like crazy, do i need to go to emergency????

gingerbreadman

Only half-baked
Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Go ahead, call me cheaky
i was pouring a little bit of gas on a rag to clean some parts today outa the vent hole in my gas can... the can was full and its hotter then hell round here and when i put the can down pressure spued gas straight up into my face snagging my left eye, i flushed it for a bit, its watering and looking a little red....

what you reckon?????

-gbm-

• Sponsors (?)

pabear89 said:
:nonono: Thats what Safety glasses are for.
Flush it again with plain water and put some eye drops in every 30 min of so.

PB

hehe, i'v never seen anyone wear safty glasses when pouring gas before :)

but it would have been prevented if one did wear it thuogh. oh well lol.

Here's a thought...step away from the keyboard. Pick up telephone. Call the ER/your dr. and ask what you should do.
Sorry for the sarcasm, but while I value the opinions and advice her about what to do with my car, my eyes are another matter...sorry ladies & gents!

LOL...Ouch!!!

I can't tell you how many times I have sprayed carb cleaner in one orifice of a carb and have it spray out another and right into my eye! It never hits you in the forehead, it never hits you in the nose, and it never hits your cheek. Always in the friggin eye!

You really should seek medical treatment immediately! Do not wait. Call 911, they will walk you through what to do. You pay for them anyhow.

Seriously (this goes for anyone), any time you get a chemical (paint, thinner, GAS,...) in your eyes, you need to flush a minimum of 15 minutes with water. You probably do not have an eyewash station in you home, so the water hose is probably the best bet. The water needs to be flowing a constant rate near the rate of a drinking fountain. It is going to hurt, but you must keep doing this for 15 minutes. DO NOT STOP for 15 minutes!!! It would be best to get someone to call for medical assistance at the same time, or get some one to take you to the doctor immediately!

Your eyes are not something to take chances with. It would be a serious bummer to have a car that you could not drive or see.

John