Spring mod thread

I would be "assisting" in the install. Family friend is a mechanic who has his own shop. He's helped me with all my installs and charges next to nothing. Im still not 100% sure I will be doing cams because tuning will be a pretty big issue with me.

I was told 650 for a dyno tune. What's the going rate for that normally?

• Sponsors (?)

I was told 650 for a dyno tune. What's the going rate for that normally?

Well, the nearest/best tuning shop to me quoted me $125 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours. I don't see it taking longer than maybe 3 hours to tune just a pair of cams on an N/A 2V. The problem in my case is not only cost (with my luck, I can imagine it taking 8 hours to tune lol) but the distance. This place is an 8 hour/550 mile round-trip drive for me....that just isn't an option right now.

I spoke to Justin at VMP tuning and he said that he could write a pretty good canned tune for stage 2 cams for a fraction of the price. It wouldn't be as good as a dyno tune but would be able to hold me over for a while until the opportunity of a dyno tune presented itself.

4eb94003.jpg

Paxton Novi 2000
CX Racing intercooler/piping
SCT BA2800 MAF
Aviator fuel pump
42lb injectors
Vortech MiniRace BPV
Etc, etc, the list goes on...

I can't wait!!!

Well, the nearest/best tuning shop to me quoted me $125 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours. I don't see it taking longer than maybe 3 hours to tune just a pair of cams on an N/A 2V. The problem in my case is not only cost (with my luck, I can imagine it taking 8 hours to tune lol) but the distance. This place is an 8 hour/550 mile round-trip drive for me....that just isn't an option right now.

I spoke to Justin at VMP tuning and he said that he could write a pretty good canned tune for stage 2 cams for a fraction of the price. It wouldn't be as good as a dyno tune but would be able to hold me over for a while until the opportunity of a dyno tune presented itself.

I personally know justin...hes a great dude and a great tuner but i would not recommend going with a tune like that...not just from justin but from anyone.. rhat being said, FI cars are what he does best..although he can tune cammed cars they are definately not his specialty and i would highly recommend you get a tune from cams somewhere else..especially if you want it to idle

car is in the shop now getting body/paint. Ive got to order some new fogs and some parts for my fox but hopefully sometime this year the 01 will be getting springs struts and shocks. maybe some lca and tires if I can liberate the fundage.

Finally got a T5 for my 87 GT, doing new wheels and tires, springs, and atleast shocks and struts suspension wise for the 00 GT. I have a prochamber to throw on plus some minor exterior changes plus tint. Would realy like to put some spray to it also. Hopefully our weather changes soon so I can get it out of storage and start working on it:nice:

I personally know justin...hes a great dude and a great tuner but i would not recommend going with a tune like that...not just from justin but from anyone.. rhat being said, FI cars are what he does best..although he can tune cammed cars they are definately not his specialty and i would highly recommend you get a tune from cams somewhere else..especially if you want it to idle

Well he also mentioned that he does remote dyno tuning for a flat rate ($250). I'm still debating.

Going to pickup the car from the shop today. New timing set (Trickflow of course), water pump and 31 splines in the rear. Hoping that this tides me over until AutoX season..
But in the meantime:, there are some small mods to do:

Fix DS defrost vent, fix DS door cup that pops out when I close the door.
Buy new Corbeau Driver's seat.
Steeda adjustable rear sway bar.
Clean the car to all hell sometime during my vacation in April.

Got a little bit of time to play the last couple of nights.
View attachment 154320

View attachment 154321

Got the new shocks / struts on, along with the new fogs. (I am pretty sure it took me longer to change the fogs then it did to change the struts!)

Got some better rubber swapped onto the rims today.

Now all I need is to get insurance back on it, get an alignment, and hope it doesn't snow!