Spring rate? for coil over kit?

needforspeed440

Dec 5, 2003
Pricing a coil over kit from URPproducts, it asks what spring rate i want for the springs. now i know of course it is the strength of the srping i guess, but how are they rated? they have numbers like 12000-14350....i am setting this car up for drags on the 1/4 track. quite a bit of street driving to. I will be doing 90/10's and 50/50's for shocks and struts. I know driveability will be affected but SO WILL THE 60' times~! :flag: :shrug: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

perkys stang said:
14150 or 14175 14 is for the inch spring.. and the other 3 numbers are the spring rates.. You will need a 14" and either a 175 or 150... Let me know what you need.
What would you recommend? I wanna do what the car is doing on the left :lol: :D , i pretty sure i'll have the power :nice: but ill need the suspension. Thanks let me know. :flag:

needforspeed440 said:
What would you recommend? I wanna do what the car is doing on the left :lol: :D , i pretty sure i'll have the power :nice: but ill need the suspension. Thanks let me know. :flag:

PM me with your combo and info on the car.... What hood are you running? Which accessories? and What kind of heads?

im acutally running the stock hood, not sure if it will clear the victor intake or not, also running victor junior head on a 347. i wanna get a hood but tight right now after teh rebuild. just an fyi im running 245 r16 nitto dr's