springs with no isolater pics?

93project

Apr 21, 2009
El Paso, tx
Guys, I'm debating removing the iso's from my ford b springs... It depends on how it sits with the new saleens I'm installing today... Does anyone have pics on stance? Do they make a lot of noise without iso's?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running Mach 1 springs, but left the isolators out up front. I noticed no difference if NVH with them out. I upgraded from fms C springs. Rode like a brick with those.

I'd post pics but doesn't help you

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

i dont want to whore your thread up, you have seen my car. there is no lower iso up from . no noise that i can hear up there got me about an 1/8 to 1/4 in up front lower

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358987062.218010.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358987090.185971.jpg
15629_4595006470623_1691841269_n.jpg
you insisted... last pic is before the mega bite rear control arms. Nothing changed up front. The mega bites just have bigger poly lower spacers out back

Reactions: 1 user
u4e8u5ut.jpg
7ypyre7u.jpg
4ety3a2a.jpg

Here's the new set of wheels
Seems to sit well enough...

sent from a dude, with a sweet fox mustang!

Attachments

• 7ypyre7u.jpg
    7ypyre7u.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 7ypyre7u.jpg
    7ypyre7u.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 91
  • u4e8u5ut.jpg
    u4e8u5ut.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 105
  • u4e8u5ut.jpg
    u4e8u5ut.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 4ety3a2a.jpg
    4ety3a2a.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 4ety3a2a.jpg
    4ety3a2a.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 95
Do you scrape on rough roads? Looks great!

Sent from my dark and evil Galaxy S III...
Tires scrub the fender plastic on hard bumps , car looks great with the new wheels , two suggestions - pull the front ISos I think it will make a big difference , also get flat caps and go on ebay and get the Saleen over lay stickers for the caps they will look clean , I LOVE your car it looks great !

Tires scrub the fender plastic on hard bumps , car looks great with the new wheels , two suggestions - pull the front ISos I think it will make a big difference , also get flat caps and go on ebay and get the Saleen over lay stickers for the caps they will look clean , I LOVE your car it looks great !
Thanks! So maybe both upper and lower iso's? Or should I just spring for some new springs? Any suggestions? Keep in mind they are 18x9 up front so I really can't go too low...

Thanks! So maybe both upper and lower iso's? Or should I just spring for some new springs? Any suggestions? Keep in mind they are 18x9 up front so I really can't go too low...
Car looks great. Love that color and am jealous of the cobra rear bumper with the polished exhaust. Post some pics of the back please....that's the exhaust setup I want

Ford Racing "C" springs up front. Ignore the rear hight. I had MM adjustable arms on my car jacked full up until I could roll the rear fenders. I HATED the ride with these. I had the isos in and scraped over speed bumps and couldn't turn the wheel all the way with the 17" wheels. I used to bottom my front struts out a lot (Tokicos)
DSC00022-1.jpg

I ditched the setup for Mach 1 springs, isolators up front removed. Spring rate was the same as the C springs up front, but the extra height stopped me from bottoming my struts out. Car still handles well, but rides a lot more comfortable. Next time i have the springs out, i might trim 1/3 a coil off.
wall_zps5a03cf11.jpg

pull the lower I think it will be a big diff , but won't be too much , that's what I have pulled on mine

Car looks great. Love that color and am jealous of the cobra rear bumper with the polished exhaust. Post some pics of the back please....that's the exhaust setup I want
Heres some closer pics.. Pipes hang a bit low because my fuel pump and fuel lines route to right in front of the diff., and the fuel hoses run to the passenger side, close to exhaust along the frame. I used header wrap to cover my fuel lines
udusumyz.jpg
9ejy5aqe.jpg

sent from a dude, with a sweet fox mustang!

Attachments

• udusumyz.jpg
    udusumyz.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 9ejy5aqe.jpg
    9ejy5aqe.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 9ejy5aqe.jpg
    9ejy5aqe.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 98
  • udusumyz.jpg
    udusumyz.jpg