JaysGreenLX

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2000
Buffalo, NY
Spy%20Photos%20009%20copy.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

MRaburn said:
Looks like photoshop to me.

See that is what I thought too. However, a few people have confirmed seeing a test mule with that hood and the spot pattern at that particular track in Naples. Even if it is a photoshop it is a recreation of the actual test mule. Thats just the word on the street anyway.

shatner saves said:
Jeez, Man. I don't think that pic is big enough.

Hard to say if it's a photochop or not. I'd be surprised if the production cobra had a power bulge that big.

No of course not that big. I am sure they will make a cool looking hood for it. But the though of what might be lurking under that cowl is intriguing...

It's supposed to be at a test track. But for further proof. Look at the seems on the hood. Notice it disappears a couple inches before the passenger side headlight. And there is no seem on the drivers side.

Heh, interesting at least.

I agree with the seem "seeming" a bit off, but you never know.

About the hood, I could see them first testing an engine in the GT platform with a simple hood mod before continuing to the aesthetics, suspension, etc.

As pointed out elsewhere though.....

post-7-1080087407.jpg

:rolleyes:

Its certainly possible that the light just hit the hood that way and since people were looking for discrepancies they tagged that as a photoshop sign... but that to apply I would at least expect the line leading up to the blank section to lighten a bit before disappearing... Still thats a pretty big detail to miss for a good photoshopping, and if the person who "fixed" the pic actually put the time in to do the rest of it right, somehow I doubt that they wouldn't have fixed something as easy as that.

I remember reading that Mayes said the GT would be milder than the concept car and the Cobra would be more extreme than the concept. Based on that statement, that can't be the 06 Cobra.

2001 Geee T said:
Why would they need to camaflauge it still? Everybody knows what the Mustang is going to look like. Unless for some reason they were testing Cobras the same time as GTs.

The Camo is supposed to throw off auto focusing lenses in cameras. Its not so much to hide the car from people seeing on the road but from people seeing it in forums.

Lawman85 said:
I remember reading that Mayes said the GT would be milder than the concept car and the Cobra would be more extreme than the concept. Based on that statement, that can't be the 06 Cobra.

ugh....its a test mule. That means they are testing the powerplant not the bodywork.

Think back to the Cobra R. They tested that engine in a pretty much stock looking GT. The R certainly didn't look stock when it was released.

JaysGreenLX said:
ugh....its a test mule. That means they are testing the powerplant not the bodywork.

Think back to the Cobra R. They tested that engine in a pretty much stock looking GT. The R certainly didn't look stock when it was released.

Which R? the 93 and the 95 had compleatly stock apearences (for the most part) the 93 just had 5 lug and black tri spoke rims. cant remember about the 95 right now. Only the more resent R had the extream body makeover.