sqeaking coming from engine until it warms up

stangmsy

Mar 15, 2004
Houston
:bs: every time i start my car when it is cold it makes a horrible squeaking noise that i think is coming from pullies i have steeda u/d but dont think that could be it . but once it warms up the sound goes
so if you have any ideas please tell me

• Sponsors (?)

My '98 GT is doing the exact same thing. It's a sqeek, not a squeel. It's not the belt. I agree, it is something to do with the pulleys. I am 100% OEM. Some cars have tensioner pulley problems. I'm going to be looking into that possibility.

maybe get your timing belt/fan belts checked. i had this problem in my other car, and it was the fan belts.

osaka_tag_2.jpg

Mine started sqeaking yesterday when I started the car to go to work. I sprayed some WD-40 on the idler pullies with no change. So I'm pretty sure my belt is slipping. And it's so freaking annoying too.

tjm73 said:
My '98 GT is doing the exact same thing. It's a sqeek, not a squeel. It's not the belt. I agree, it is something to do with the pulleys. I am 100% OEM. Some cars have tensioner pulley problems. I'm going to be looking into that possibility.

Is it kinda like a howling/whistling sound? Mine does it for about 3 or 4 minutes when its cold, then goes away. I'm thinkin its the belt as well..