Squeaking when Idling

My 2004 3.8 was doing the same thing after a transmission install. It would squeak when the pedal was not depressed, then when you would rest your foot on it, it would stop. Right before I was about ready to tear the transmission out and throw it in a deep dark hole, I found the solution. I pulled the cap off of the clutch cable housing and disconnected the clutch cable, then I gave the fork that the cable connects to a pull so the throwout bearing rode a little bit differently in the mount, and my squeak stopped. Make sure you readjust your clutch by pulling up on the peddle afterwards.

• Sponsors (?)

It's really easy. You can do it with a crescent wrench. On your transmission there is a tin clutch cable housing that is held in by one screw. Take our the screw, and pull off the housing. You'll see the clutch fork that the cable connects to. Try to pull down on it with the cable connected. If it doesn't move, pry the fork toward the front of the car so you can take the cable out, then you should be able to move it easily.

If you do that to your clutch fork, be extremely careful not to pull it off of the pivot ball...might have a pretty bad experience if that happens...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2