SRT-4 can wax a '05 Mustang GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SRT's are a strong mid range power car. I've seen video's of an 05 racing one and the 05 pulls off the line. Hit 2nd gear, the SRT is pulls right next to him. Hit 3rd, the SRT is slowly being walked. Hit 4th, you watching the SRT in your rearview mirror. My buddy has about $500 total in his and is now runing 13.7's. That's not too bad for 1. 4 cyl. 2. a Neon 3. $16-$19K
I do like the seats in them. They sortof hug you. It's not too much to put that stage 3 in the car and catch a mustang slipping. The biggest issue the srt's have is spinning off the line. I saw another srt like my buddies, same mods, but with slicks and the slicks alone knocked off 2 tenths. They are bad with wheel hop and the only cure is solid motor mounts. I have respect for them, but love my GT! I don't under estimate a SRT because the first time you do, and have your guard down, it'll get you. DRIVER'S RACE. Someone will, if not already, talk some smack, and race a stage 3 srt and is going to get spanked. I've learned not to wager on drag races because you NEVER know what someone is running. I've seen a car that looks like it's 6000lbs street car spank a number of race cars.

• Sponsors (?)

SVTdriver said:
I suppose that all depends on what you mean by "Tune". Since the stage 3 includes.
Stage 3 PCM
TD05HR-15GK2-10cm2 turbo unit

- 16% larger compressor wheel diameter to flow and compress more intake air
- 19% larger turbine wheel diameter to flow more exhaust gas and reduce back pressure
- 67% more turbine scroll area for reduced back pressure
High-Flow (75 psi) fuel pump module
Demand-regulated fuel rail assembly

Highlight on the PCM which comtrols the engine. So would hence be the "Tune".
http://www.mopar.com/srt_stage_3.htm

yes, your right and thanks for clarifying.......

What I meant was that you had everything you need via the stage kit and did not have to run down or perform a suitable tune on your own to make things work properly. I should have said any additional tuning beyond the kit

2004redmach1 said:
Equal driver race 05' will win hands down. We have 05's hitting 13.4 here in georgia. And i have raced a SRT with a boost controller and stage 2 bologna $hit. I busted his ass in my mach. Plain and simple syock vs stock
99-04 GT drivers race.
05' GT - you will squish a bug
03-04-- mach will change the paint job
96-98 GT -- this ricer is going to eat you.

Nice lil cars for the money, but its still a neon. I paid 24,700 for my mach hehe. And almost EVERY SRT driver around here are dicks. they think their **** dont stink and they have the fastest car in the world. Im not an @ss, but when i bet one i act like an @ss. And when upgraded to a stage 3, let me put that money on my stang and see who bust whos @ss. Dont worry about one unless stage 3 is on and you are stock. Most of them are running low 14's around here. And the fastest i have seen is a 13.2 with 21 PSI.
What do you think 21 PSI would do in a mach or 05' hmmmmm..........
BE GOD !

Actually I can hook you up with some 21psi SRT4's that would love to "show you" a few things....... LOL

There are a few around here built and tuned by Daryl Cox that even modded heavily modded Cobra's are wise to avoid.

Don't make the mistake of confusing serious car guys wrenching the SRT4's with the local 17 year old ***** talker....

Why don't we all just agree it would be a good race? Some say it's the SRT all the way, some say it's the Mustang all the way. As a lot of people said, it depends on the mods and it depends on the driver. I've got a buddy with an SRT-4 and he would beat me almost every time because he's a more agressive driver than I am...notice I didn't say "better driver", because the other fact remains that I haven't had to service my car at all after 30K miles other than routine maintenance and my SRT-4 buddy replaced a clutch, tranny, two front rims, and needed to replace his turbo after only 18K because he drives like a dumba$$.

If you want to know what's faster, go race instead of starting a pissing contest in a forum with numbers. Numbers don't matter at the line, just car & driver. Some people here have already raced and they're just reporting what they've witnessed. That doesn't mean it's going to be true for you, too. And if you're that concerned about having the fastest car "stock for stock" then you better start getting depressed now because there are a lot of cars out there faster than stock Mustang GTs AND SRT-4s.

romans8:28 said:
The srt comes out of the hole rather poorly (FWD and little tires) and does not fair much better in a first gear punch either (at least mine did not)
I raced a fairly modded SRT4 at the track, and he baked them pretty good off the line (2.2 60'). And he was wearing slicks :). His trap speeds were good (about 114), but not enough to catch up. Zippy little car, though. But too freakin loud, sounded like it was practically uncapped altogether.

Dave

Looking at any one of those video's you'll see it's a driver's race. I saw a SRT run a 12.30 tonight. I've seen an 05 mustang run in the 10's. Now, I haven't seen an neon run that quick yet! :shrug: That still doesn't mean all neon's can wax an 05 mustang. Apples for apples, mods and drivers, a 05 will walk a neon. Other than that, if you have different mods and different driving skills, you'll never know.

yea what a load of garbage, that race against the 05 stang must have been staged. or he had a big turbo upgrade WTF, cant argue with the footage though, i also thought the Mach1's were faster.. Those neon guys always pulling some stunts

The SRT in the one video i saw ran a mid or upper 14 ET. What is that? I see that every night at the run what you brung! There was a freakin volvo station wagon that ran that tonight. This is getting old. If someone wants to argue over this, than you have nothing better to do. IF that was a GT stock and if that SRT was stock, than the gt guys/girl just didn't know how to drive. That's all. There was a SRT tonight with the Stage whatever that couldn't even break into the 13's. Whatever! That just means he can't drive.

yep i iknew it was bull****, it even shows the srt-4 whooping the 05 GT, and almost the Mach 1, Neither "ford" driver knew what the hell they were doing, if they did, the'd whoop that POS neon, we all know that. what a load

The neon was probbly pretty fast, and spraying, its very common, im out at the local street races everey saturday night and i know ALOT of srt's that would put a hurting on alot of us in here, it is VERY easy to hide the spray in these cars and ive seen it done ALOT lol

One tried to dig into me from a 50mph roll before. He didn't keep up, and I have an auto. All I did was punch it and let the auto do all the shifting.

All I had at the time was an X pipe, CAI and MAC cat back. I have 4.10 in the rear now, so I'm not worried in the least.

He had a fat pipe on the back, and his turbo was blowing off pretty loud. I don't know if it was a stock turbo or not, but the car did at least have the exhaust and some exterior work done to it. I won't give myself too much credit, and I'll say he was mostly stock.

What is the air brake sound the SRt's make?...I thought it was turbo but it sounds different.

Also last night at the local track I raced 3 SRT's with my 03 Stang, only mods is flowmasters and 315's in the back and beat them by at least a car. this of course with traction control off and was also in the 1/8.

timstpetefl said:
What is the air brake sound the SRt's make?...I thought it was turbo but it sounds different.

Also last night at the local track I raced 3 SRT's with my 03 Stang, only mods is flowmasters and 315's in the back and beat them by at least a car. this of course with traction control off and was also in the 1/8.
I think you are referring to the blow-off valve (BOV).

I got smoked by a SRT-4 less than a week ago... I was merging onto the interstate and he came around me like I was stopped. I was doing about 50 mph slammed it into second and didn't catch him until my speedo was bouncing off the peg. My '02 has a K&N cold air intake, JBA headers and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.