SRT-4 can wax a '05 Mustang GT?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by Aftrbrnr, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07gtfolife

07gtfolife New Member

:lol: bwhahahahahhahahha :fallsoutofseat:
  2. Nosfurato

Nosfurato Founding Member

You know, I agree.. that IS funny as hell!!! Seriously I did get a pretty good kick outa that!! :) The rear window thing doesn't bother me as much as the fact that, none of the little bastards came with cruise control!!!!

Not a bad car for shot hops,.. sucks balls in long trips. I'm 6'3 with a 36 inch inseam. Hard on my knees, and ankles.

Ohh, I just re-read some of the above. I am curious what a non "contained" 05+ would run flat out. Not speaking from a racing standpoint. I think the srt's are factory rated at either 152 or 153.

What REALLY sucks, for me anyway, lol . I pay almost 2x/month to insure the little srt, as I did the mustang. I didn't know that was coming until I was too late!! Thats my bad, I was thinking of the "family" you know.. front wheel drive, four doors.. and its quick?? hell.. I am sold!!

I was not aware how bad the crash rating where for the neon platform. Kinda makes my heart sink at times.

Don't get me wrong, I like the thing, but.. its a back and forth kinda deal I guess. I regret selling the 95,.. I srt is a good replacement for what I "need" but, safety, and comfort,.. for a family car? thats another thing. The srt may have a short life in the family as well, who knows.

Anyway, sorry.. just thought I would add my .02

Will.
  3. blacksheep06

blacksheep06 New Member

Unbelievable, a 2 1/2 year old post dug up out of the grave and you guys rush right in to give it CPR. It has picked right up where it left off 2 1/2 years ago, with the debate of the century. Stang vs. the giant easter egg.

Maybe it should just be made a sticky so that 2 1/2 years from now people who think it will be a driver's race will have some place to argue with people who say the stang is faster than the neon and vise versa:nonono:
  4. Srt2Stang725

Srt2Stang725 New Member

i have had both....i currently own an 07 GT, and ill admit it stock for stock Srt=13.8@101, GT 14.0@100 the srt wins lol.....dont get me wrong i love the GT, but the Srt is light and has a lot of power stock, and in most cases puts down the crank rated power to the wheels if not more than the crank rated power.....i love both cars...i just miss running bottom 11s in the neon :( 450 whp and 500 wtq...i sold it cause i couldnt stop spinning on the street from 0-130 or at the track with 26x9.5 inch slicks the whole f'in way down lol....

the Srts also were supposidly limited at 149mph...but they arent....a stock one will hit 158-160, and a heavily modded one would run out of tranny at 174mph

oh and sorry for bringing an old thread back...but its 2 in the morning and i cant sleep so i figured id throw in my 2 cents :)
  5. bigcat

bigcat start with the upper hole, and if more traction is

i think this thread has run its course. no need to keep beating the dead horse. :dead:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.