1. 97v6Silver

97v6Silver it came to $4.56 and i got $0.44 change from a 5,

its a nice car i drove one and it felt good up top but down low you miss that good ole torque

2. SpectorV

Founding Member

i test drove one also its rather quick no doubt just not all the hype is made up to be, i guess if you go from a civic to a srt4 it would seem like much more of a jump. definatly quick for what it is and the price but i would rather have a gt and do the same performance, lower end power increase, look tons better, and do it NA

3. Ghostalker

Ghostalker New Member

4. 007

Founding Member

UGLY AS SIN. FWD. I wouldnt want one. Much better cars out there. 99 Cobra? :shrug:

5. proudhappa113

proudhappa113 New Member

I went with the 03 GT. Before I bought mine I tested a wrx, and a GTI vr6 then I drove the GT the decision was easy for me. As for the mileage I have 3 73 gears now and I average 21.5 to 23 mpg. As for the performance I've lined up with several wrx and srt-4s I smoked em all ! I know the wrx's had some work done too, not sure about the srt- 4 s they just took off before I could ask them anything. Better get insurance quotes though, so you can budget for those payments. And as for price I paid $20,217.00 + tax hope this helps ya

6. GREENBIOCH

Founding Member

Well If i was gonna get a four door front wheel drive that ran 14's....I would be looking at a GTP. At least it doesn't look like ass.

7. 77sleeper

77sleeper GO BUCS!
    Founding Member

SCION TC

8. ganador01

Founding Member

Ok and it costs a neon 1000 dollars to get into the 12's...so oh well..

9. ganador01

Founding Member

yes...but the neon is about the same price as a decent v6 mustang. Therefore, if you spent the 5000 to turbo your car and the neon spent the same 5000 to upgrade all its turbo parts, it would still be ahead...There are plenty of neons right now in the 11's with under 3000 dollars of mods..

10. GREENBIOCH

Founding Member

Yes but thats why those gangsters sit so low down in there rides...cause its a neon and looks like ass, they don't want to be seen in a piece o crap even if does 11's, I would rather drive a pinto so no one would notice. :nonono:

11. ganador01

Founding Member

well thats u...not me...lol

12. 65straightsick

65straightsick New Member

I am a little late getting into the conversation and I don't own a latemodel but My friend has an SRT-4 and he cannot stand it....better gas mileage yes, but factor in the premium gas, which is very expensive now and you will be paying about the same as you would for a V8. Now why the hell would you pay more to have less cylinders. Plus neons are the easiest thing to rice. And you wouldn't want to do something stupid like that now would you. Make the smart choice.....go for the 04GT. 2 doors with a back seat is just as good...

13. 65straightsick

65straightsick New Member

Just a thought, but maybe the $3000 is spent on the biggest bottle of nitrous that would fit........just a thought

14. ganador01

Founding Member

oh...don't make me link u to my definition of rice thread....ill do it!

the 3000 dollars is spent on a turbo/intercooler upgrade, boost controller and port polish intakes with a cam/maybe head port/polish.

haha, the 04 gt will full coverage will cost you 130 dollars more a month insurance if you are 16 and a male. 30mpg at 2 dollars is just as good as 23-25mpg at 1.80.

U know i saw the funniest crap the other day that changed my mind about neons... an 03 cobra with a chip and pulley getting drug by a neon. They went from a 20 roll and the neon was ahead by 2 by about 100. And both drivers were decent but not great...that has to be funniest crap ever. I love mustangs but I still think its funny when someone pays so much for their brand new performance car then gets outdone by another brand new "performance car" that was 15,000 cheaper.

The neon i am speaking of had about 5000 dollars into it and had pretty much a completely built engine w/ turbo/intercooler upgrades.

15. DBMSTNG

DBMSTNG I fantasize about it being BIG!
    Founding Member

you know, i've heard a bunch of people over at the SRT-4 forums say that, and the last time i checked, none of them could prove it. my friend has atleast $2k in his and he's running 12.6-12.8 on slicks.

16. GREENBIOCH

Founding Member

Your a ricer in Mustang clothing aren't you! Admit it Traitor!!!! :notnice:

17. 97v6Silver

97v6Silver it came to $4.56 and i got $0.44 change from a 5,

if i spent 5 grand on my car i could prolly pull 04 cobras also :shrug:

18. _jb_

_jb_ New Member

Is that Chevy's new car that is in competition with the SRT-4? I forget what they are called...

Anyways, those SRT-4s can get FAST. Now would I buy one? No, if I bought a car it would be a 01 Trans Am WS6. All I can say is respect the SRT now, but after those things get 100k miles, they will be dead.

As for Dodge's reliability, I have a 94 Dodge Ram 1500 360, short box, 4x4 with 180,000 miles and the only thing we have replaced was the tranny and the front axle seal (which was expensive :mad: ). All Rams from 94-98 ( I think 98) had the tranny cooler BEHIND the A/C Condensor, which gets damn hot. Thus no cooling was really happening. Considering all we have done with this truck (bought with 130,000 miles) and overall, I will buy another Ram. It has been a wonderfull beast.

19. 98_stang_guy

98_stang_guy New Member

if you need a 4-door, get one of the older (early to mid 90's?) impala SS's, they are still a sports car, but its a 4-door, and dont let gas bother you, you can always buy more, its not a big enough of a deal to make the decision between what you want and what you get

20. Mean03V6

Mean03V6 New Member

:stupid: