Ss Vs Bullitt

• Sponsors (?)

i say you may have an edge. do you have head and cam uprades? you have the lower end and gearing but still a little vague with your mods. displacement is good as it helps but realize you have a 5.1 he has a 5.7. you have steeper gears he has 3.42's. so it may be very close.is he a manual or auto?

try a diablo predator. its a handheld tuner that can be used to tune over and over. way better than a chip. yeah a tune is what you need. our cars need them if not your motor and everything done is not doing anything because the computer is running it as a 281 and not a 310. the 310 can use more air fuel and timing compared to a stock motor.

Once i got the diablosport how will i go about knowing how exactly to tune it? Thats why i was leaning towards a custom chip that way its tuned already once i get it plug n go?

SCT ONLY. I will be getting a mail order chip until I break my new engine in. You shouldnt even be racing anyone since your engine is new. I wouldnt open her up until around 750+ miles.

Get the SCT tune, dont mess around with all that money you spent.

mogs01gt said:
You havent had your car tuned yet?? Are you joking???

TUNE it before you blow it up

It's not likely that he would blow it up without a tune. The only major change that NEEDs to be done is changing the displacment in the tune. The EEC uses the entered displacment to calulate load. So With more air coming in he is just going to 100% load sooner, thus richening it up sooner. It will run better with a tune though.