ss vs. foxbody

The way it went through second gear in the last run tells me it defintly was racing, the first run I am not sure.

Of course the claim of 13 second timeslips is just a front to talk smack. That fox probally runs 11's or quicker.

• Sponsors (?)

I wish I could watch any of the vids (they dont work for me) but its not the be all and end all when a Mustang beats an Fbody. I am sure I could walk my share of stock or very mild LS1s, and dont have that much done to my car! Im sure they are cool videos to watch, but again not insanely impressive!

You're right 25thmustang,i also have my share of kills on those lt1/ls1's. My former h/c/i all bolt-ons,fully tuned 88 gt(backi n late 96) made destruction on the houston streets(did have a couple of loses,but they weren't lightly modded!),WITHOUT any power adder,and still ridin' the ol' 302. Were still here for a reason,since the movement the foxbody created back in the mid 80's/early-90(truely was back in the 60's),and thats the power of a well built/driven 5.0.ENOUGH SAID

Yeah I've seen that video before...that SS traps 103mph so it isn't a well driven 6spd...some have gotten 108-109 stock...oh and just so everyone knows there is a minimal difference in power between a ls1 z28 and ls1 ss (average about 5-10hp difference)...

I would say the stang has a nice h/c/i with 410's? or a stroker with a mild h/c/i with a steep gear?

raph130 said:
define stock? having stock heads and cam? intake alone does almost nothing. i could go slaughter a ls1 and post a video of it. i def do have basically a stock stang. gears is my power mod.

i just recently took out the b303 cam which is a terrible cam, unless of course u want to tame a powerful beast. i put in a stock 5.0 cam, injectors, maf all of it. except for a cobra intake my engine is all stock. ls1's run mid to high 13's. doesn't take much to kill one. i have been in a 2000 ss ls1, im not really impressed. it was nice looking with the shaker hood and all, but i wouldn't spend $20k on a car that would need mods to beat a very very slightly modded stang.i have run low 13.4 at best with a stock geared hatchback (0-60 5.4 secs exactly )with very sticky tires. mid to high 13's all day. mustangs are so underrated. anything you can find will say they ran high 14's or sometimes 15s. no, with traction problems and a one legger they will run low 14s stock. take some slicks slap it on a stock 5.0 with stock gears dump it you'll run 13 flat.

i have not seen the video yet, but with a good driver a stock stang could take a ls1. ls1's have what 320hp or something? so what. i can take any stock 5.0 and tune it to put out 260rwhp. all it needs to get rid of is the factory crimped headers and cats and quiet mufflers and fine tuning the air/fuel ratio. and a few basically free mods like a short belt, and a/c delete. ls1's weighs 3600lbs with a driver. a heavy hatch fox body? less than 3320lbs with a driver. almost a 300lb difference. and a coupe with a driver? 380lbs-400lb difference. right now my coupe with me in it is 460lbs lighter than any camaro.

I would love for you to post a video...you would get walked like a dog from an ls1...

They run low 13's upwards of 108-110mph stock...6spds...

An ls1 would murder your car...

An SS doesn't have a "shaker hood"...

Good Luck with your race :rlaugh:

not sure if this is the video with the shi* talking ss, and the seemingly stock fox body, its been posted before the fox is in the mid 12's and the ss is in the mid 13's, basically ss talked ish, fox called him out, and walked all over him, woot

5spd GT said:
I would love for you to post a video...you would get walked like a dog from an ls1...

They run low 13's upwards of 108-110mph stock...6spds...

An ls1 would murder your car...

An SS doesn't have a "shaker hood"...

Good Luck with your race :rlaugh:

I second that! I have driven an LS1 SS. I have also raced the same car in my lx. There is no way a stock Mustang is beating an LS1. Unless the driving abilities are extremely in favor of the Mustang. Aside from the view out the windshield, rough ride, and $ (all things we are not talking about) I don't see a stock Mustang beating the LS1 Camaro in anything, hp, acceleration, handling.

WOW...

raph130, you need to learn how to type and get a point across, and stop posting BS. You ran 13.4... what track? I live in CT and race in all the close by tracks. SO what track gave you your 13.4 timeslip and 0-60 time? Also what mph and such, cant claim 13.4 without any backing it up, because I am going to call BS! Its funny, with 3.73s, pulleys, exhaust and a cobra intake I ran 13.0 on ET Streets, yet I still dont believe a word you typed...

A wel driven or even ok driven SS will walk all over your car. You dont have proof of a 13.4 or the fact you think just tires will send a stock one into the very low 13s, thats total BS...

SS will feel slower, because they have one of the flattest torque curves you have seen. They dont have that pull like some cars because they have the pull the whole way through, you just dont notice it! Dont believe me, race a stock or mild Mustang in one, you'll definately notcie it pulling, but get in the Mustang and it will "fee" faster. Feeling fast and being fast are 2 things totally.

I tell you what I made GREAT power for my mods (stock bottem end, stock cam, stock heads with valves, and all the bolt ons), 272 rwhp/316 rwtq. I would pay you $100 to take a stock 5.0, add an exhaust and pulleys and tune it to 260 rwhp. Im talking strictly bolt ons, and Id even give you an intake, TB, MAF etc... your not going to see it! You speak from NO experience and post this garbage. I am usually calm (dont get me wrong, Im calm now, lol) but you just typed all that garbage out and expect us to believe it...

I tell you what, you give me one FACT, proven fact about anything you posted, anything, just one fact...

I agree theres no way your gonna walk on an LS1 im sorry theres just no way. The only two stangs that will give an LS1 a good race and even beat one stock for stock is the new Mach 1 and Cobra. Also i dont see where your getting LS1 run mid to high 13's? :shrug: its more like mid to low 13's and with a few simple mods its high 12's. You should really get your facts straight befor your start running your mouth and dogging other cars because i gurantee you a decent and especially well driven LS1 will whore your any day, anytime, its just a fact.

25thmustang said:
WOW...

raph130, you need to learn how to type and get a point across, and stop posting BS. You ran 13.4... what track? I live in CT and race in all the close by tracks. SO what track gave you your 13.4 timeslip and 0-60 time? Also what mph and such, cant claim 13.4 without any backing it up, because I am going to call BS! Its funny, with 3.73s, pulleys, exhaust and a cobra intake I ran 13.0 on ET Streets, yet I still dont believe a word you typed...

A wel driven or even ok driven SS will walk all over your car. You dont have proof of a 13.4 or the fact you think just tires will send a stock one into the very low 13s, thats total BS...

SS will feel slower, because they have one of the flattest torque curves you have seen. They dont have that pull like some cars because they have the pull the whole way through, you just dont notice it! Dont believe me, race a stock or mild Mustang in one, you'll definately notcie it pulling, but get in the Mustang and it will "fee" faster. Feeling fast and being fast are 2 things totally.

I tell you what I made GREAT power for my mods (stock bottem end, stock cam, stock heads with valves, and all the bolt ons), 272 rwhp/316 rwtq. I would pay you $100 to take a stock 5.0, add an exhaust and pulleys and tune it to 260 rwhp. Im talking strictly bolt ons, and Id even give you an intake, TB, MAF etc... your not going to see it! You speak from NO experience and post this garbage. I am usually calm (dont get me wrong, Im calm now, lol) but you just typed all that garbage out and expect us to believe it...

I tell you what, you give me one FACT, proven fact about anything you posted, anything, just one fact...

He got those times from a G-Tech according to another post :rolleyes:

Raph130 is not very accurate with literally 90% of his post...just do a search for his name...

He also claims a BONE STOCK 5.0 has 225rwhp because they are rated at 225hp from the factory... :rolleyes:

Ohh ok that explains it all... Under the right conditions with a Gtech my Jeep can run a 13 second 1/4... If they arent done perfect they arent accurate and even set up right they arent a real timeslip. Close, but I have a feeling he isnt seeing 13.4s! And if anyone here knows me at all, without track times you have NO way to talk.

Im not saying it cant run 13.4s, as Im sure mine on street tires was a 13.4 car (when i had those mods and went 13.0) but without a timeslip I dont claim anything! Also at that time my car made 221 rwhp with a bunch of bolt ons, guess I didnt get a wringer, and just some dog of a car, huh? LOL

I agree, hes in MA. I got a friend with a catback, Lid SS. Made 330 rwhp, he will gladly shut you up. Also have another friend with an exhaust, lid car and on ET Streets has gone 12.3! Them cars just suck dont they... Anyway, until he proves anything, im gonna continue to call BS!

I agree, stock for stock the race between a LS1 powered F-body and a Foxbody wouldn't be much of a race. Even though the F-body is a heavier car, it makes a lot more power. A stock foxbody will usually put down between 175-190RWHP stock, a stock LS1 will put down between 290-310RWHP. The torque curve on the LS1 will be much wider and flatter. It's simply not even a comparison.

25thmustang said:
Also have another friend with an exhaust, lid car and on ET Streets has gone 12.3!

On the stock rear-end? Or has it been beefed up with the 12 bolt? Nice times...what was his mph out of curiosity? 110?

Anyways about Raph "proving" anything...I have yet to see it in any of his other "controversial" posts :shrug: ...Don't get your hopes up :D

He had a stock rear, blew it up, and I believe went to a 12 bolt and 4.10s. Those GM guys love to kill rears...

As far as the trap I think it was in the 113 range, they LOVE top end. My friends lid catback car trapped 111 I think he said. Thats a factory wringer right there, but he had issues with wheel hop and was in the mid 13s all day (yes mid 13s, not high).