stagered wheel sizes amyone done this?

71swing

Aug 18, 2006
Omaha,NE
stagered wheel sizes anyone done this?

I'm working on a five lug convertion, and was wondering if anyone has done the muscle car craze stagered wheels on a fox.

For exsample: maybe 18" out back and only 16" or 17" in the front.

The majority of fox onwer stick with one size and may run different profiles from front to back.

I would like to see a pics with larger wheels on the back if anyone has one.

I have 18" on back and 17" on the front of my 71 dart and I love the look. Just not sure how it would look on a fox body stang.

Also do you think it would be to much of a difference if I did go with a 18" out back than a 16" up front.

• Sponsors (?)

Running larger rim on the back of a fox doesnt look right IMO. The proportions of the body dont suit it. The wheelwells are also limited so its difficult to get the sidewalls to scale properly, and nothing looks worse than a big rim with no sidwall on the rear and a big sidewall on the front.

i agree with hemi-fan, but i have never seen them staggered with 18's out back and 16s up front...i wonder what it would look like.

But yea it would look odd with a low profile tire out back and a big sidewall up front.

i agree with hemi_fan also. i actually saw a car with 18s out back and 16s up front. it was on an old muscle car, don't remember exactly what it was, but i remember thinking it didn't look right. the change is so drastic that the 18's dwarfed the 16's and didn't look right. just my opinion

This could be easily Photochopped to get a better idea of what it'd look like. Just take a side view of any Fox and enlarge the rear wheel(s) to approximately the size of an 18" wheel, and bickety-bam, that's what it'll look like.

I was considering doing 17x8s on the front and 18x9.5s on the coupe. Mainly because most every 5 lug 18 i find and like is a 9. I want 18x8s on the front. So either im stuck with going staggered or i have to quit being a tight ass and buy nice billet wheels.