Stainless Works - X or H Pipe Poll

Which Mid Pipe do you prefer?

• X Pipe

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • H Pipe

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

well, since there is only one company that makes a SS H-pipe for our cars, I think if you could make it affordable, thats where your market is at.

There are already a crap load of SS X-pipes available (SLP, VRS, Bassani, DR.Gas, etc.).

Why not both?

Sable said:
Through the research I have done, it seems as though you get more power from an X pipe then an H pipe so why would you prefer an H pipe?

Personally I chose the H due to advice I got here. It will still improve my flow, but will sound better with my Flows. I haven't installed it yet :mad: , but this is what I was told.

There isnt much of a difference on the power level. The X-pipe will give you a couple more hp and the H-pipe will give you a little more TQ. Not even enough to notice.

Pick the one that sounds the best to you. Ive always liked the old-school muscle car sound, so I picked the H-pipe.

Sable said:
Through the research I have done, it seems as though you get more power from an X pipe then an H pipe so why would you prefer an H pipe?
I wouldnt prefer an H-pipe, I like my Bassani X just fine. But you asked for opinions so Im giving you them. :)

I'd say about 95% of the 96-04 Mustang GTs running around are making less than 300hp. Like said before, at that power level, the advantage of an X over an H is marginal, not really enough to justify picking one over the other.

In most cases, the average Mustang enthusiast will pick an exhaust part due to the sound it will produce. A lot of people prefer the old school muscle car sound you get with an H-pipe over the raspier, more exotic sound you get with an X-pipe. A lot of people also prefer SS over aluminized steel due to its durability in a corrossion prone environment.

Go count the number of manufacturers of SS X-pipe, and those who produce SS H-pipes. Compare. If I were entering the market with a new SS H/X-pipe, Id consider those figures.........and then Id offer both anyway.

If possible, offer both. If not, produce the H pipe. There are too many SS X pipe manufacturers at the present time, and only one SS H pipe producer. That will put you in direct competition with 1 company, then its just a question of producing a better quality product at a more competitive price.

I prefer an H-pipe sound myself, even though I have an X on my Mustang (I couldn't beat the price, FREE) I want an H. I am even considering removing the X and putting the stock H back on until I can afford to get the MRT H-pipe. Another H-pipe on the market would be nice! :nice: