Stall Convertors

myroc

Sep 23, 2003
What are some of the best aftermarket stall convertors out there. I've heard alot of bad things about B&M convertors , so i will stay away from them.I,m looking brand names only. :shrug:

myroc

• Sponsors (?)

I hear edge conv.are pretty good! But imo precision industries makes the best torque converters!www.converter.com There a little pricey,but they last a long time,and offer "great" performance!If you call them up,and tell them the car your gonna use it for(mustangs use stallions) they will suggest the stall speed you should use, and costom make every converter!!!

Getting a convertor from a company called TCS in Langley B.C Canada. They make Convertors for Lentech automatics and there custom building one for the spec of my car.
Question.............. what is it meant by flashing your convertor :shrug: , em i using this word in the right manner.

myroc

I use an Art Carr 10 inch on my car. For about $600, they will custom build you a convertor based on all the specs on your car. Weight, tire size, gear ratio, tranny, etc...... It wouldn't be in your best interest to go out and buy any already built generic convertors. If you are trying to squeeze out every .01 out of your car, a custom built convertor is your best bet. Mine is about a 3000 stall with a stock motor that is 11 years old. Just recently I was getting 1.84 60 foot times.

Ya.............. i,m getting a 3000 stall as well. My motor will be pushing about
380hp before the nitrous (100 shot) it will be finished and ready to go by mid Feb.Can,t wait :D

there are different ways to get stall. there is brake stall, there is true stall, and there is flashing.. basically my converter is 2200 brake stall, 2600 true stall, and if i floor the gas and it kicks down it will flash out to 2800 or so real quick.

ponyboy19 said:
there are different ways to get stall. there is brake stall, there is true stall, and there is flashing.. basically my converter is 2200 brake stall, 2600 true stall, and if i floor the gas and it kicks down it will flash out to 2800 or so real quick.

You have the 12" converter correct? I'm kinda leaning towards and edge converter now with all these good things I have been hearing.:nice:

1hot5.0 said:
You have the 12" converter correct? I'm kinda leaning towards and edge converter now with all these good things I have been hearing.:nice:

yup the specs I gave your are for the " Mild Street Edge" which uses a stock size converter. it has some really good upgrades done to it internally that Andre at Edge could go over with you. It's was a nice upgrade for my 92. The web page gives it a bit higher stall rating but what I posted are what Andre told and are pretty much what I see.

http://edgeracingconverters.com/MildStreetEdge.htm