Mach 1 stalling

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by fishyducky, Sep 12, 2006.

1. fishyducky

fishyducky New Member

can u guys shed some light on a problem im having with my mach? when im coasting at like 35 or 40+ and push in the clutch or shift to nuetral, it has a hard time idling and sometimes stalls. anybody know what this could be? thanks

stuart
  2. Give Me TP

Give Me TP New Member

Do you have a K&N Aircharger (CAI) installed? If so, is it installed without a MAF screen (correct according to K&N's instructions)?

Otherwise, check or replace the IAC valve.

Those are the two usual suspects
  3. fishyducky

fishyducky New Member

all i have is the k&n standalone filter.and yes i took out the MAF screen. everything else is stock. i already replaced the IAC valve. Could it be my MAF sensor?
  4. TR03Mach1

TR03Mach1 Member

Not to be an ass, but what kind of way is that to drive a car? Would you even think of taking an automatic and putting it in neutral while going down the road at 40mph? Other than that, the missing maf screen could have something to do with it.
  5. boatillo

boatillo New Member

If you're just coasting....what's wrong with neutral? You don't need the engine power so...?

I also don't downshift into stops, I put into neutral and let the clutch/trans rest - brake pads are much cheaper than either of those parts so why would you do that to a dd?

I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's, if I'm grossly mistaken someone let me know :shrug:
  6. fishyducky

fishyducky New Member

um its common sense that when u put it in neutral it puts less wear on the clutch than downshifting. an automatic is a little different, as the tourque converter releases itself anyway when u let of the gas so its pretty similar. i dont just put it neutral while going down the road at 40, im talking about at a red light; i push in the clutch, put it in neutral and apply the brakes.

im going to clean my MAF with electrical contact cleaner and see if it helps.
  7. Ernad

Ernad celibate sans pants

put the screen back
  8. hotrodnut

hotrodnut Member

+1
  9. Give Me TP

Give Me TP New Member

+2

If you are using a K&N drop-in filter only, replacing the MAF screen in your stock airbox will likely eliminate the stalling issue. If it was caused by an over-oiled filter, cleaning the MAF sensor contacts should work. Might as well do both at the same time.
  10. Mach428

Mach428 New Member

When you put the screen back in make sure the wire mesh is parrallel with the ground and Horizontal to the sky, you will still have problems if you don't do so