stand still

well i have a couple q's

1. I am currently in iraq and my mustang will be sitting for a good year in storage w/o any looking after. Basically it will have slept for a year. Odds are the tires will be flat and the oil and gas will have not moved for all that time. Where should i begin in getting her back in good running order?

2. minus a K&N filter it is completely stock. What is the stock hp on a 95gt?

3. And finally where should i begin in building hp?

• Sponsors (?)

stock mustangs has 215 flywheel hp...

Get gears first, then an intake, exhaust, heads and cam, bigger MAF/injectors and you'll have yourself a pretty quick stang on your hands

i think its in your best interest to have someone go start it everyone once and awhile and maybe drive it around the block....or at least just start the car.....then you wont have to worry about getting back in running order....

idk if thats possible though.....

Anthony

Yes, a full tank of fuel is a good idea as it keeps moisture from forming inside the tank and resulting in a good amount of water collected in your fuel tank. If it were me and you can not have someone start it at all, the first thing I'd do would be to pull the distibutor when you get home and get yourself an oil pump priming tool. Basically it goes on the end of an electric drill. This will ensure that you pump oil through out the engine so you won't have a "dry" startup.

As for parts, it all depends on budget, and longterm goals. For most people, they decide to stick with the 302 and do minor bolt-ons first like exhaust, pulleys (which are the best bang for the buck in my book), etc and then move up to heads, cam, and an intake. Iif your going to go all out and make some 500+hp boosted monster, start out with a good block and good internals. Many don't go this route because of the $$$.

Anyway, best of luck to you over there, and know that we appreciate all you are doing for this great country of ours!

stand still con't

Killercanary said:
Yes, a full tank of fuel is a good idea as it keeps moisture from forming inside the tank and resulting in a good amount of water collected in your fuel tank. If it were me and you can not have someone start it at all, the first thing I'd do would be to pull the distibutor when you get home and get yourself an oil pump priming tool. Basically it goes on the end of an electric drill. This will ensure that you pump oil through out the engine so you won't have a "dry" startup.

As for parts, it all depends on budget, and longterm goals. For most people, they decide to stick with the 302 and do minor bolt-ons first like exhaust, pulleys (which are the best bang for the buck in my book), etc and then move up to heads, cam, and an intake. Iif your going to go all out and make some 500+hp boosted monster, start out with a good block and good internals. Many don't go this route because of the $$$.

Anyway, best of luck to you over there, and know that we appreciate all you are doing for this great country of ours!

(mtoso) Unfortunetly, she has already been sitting for the past 9 months. I will not be able to get to her until sometime in march. SO the damage has been done. When I get back though I should have about $2,000 to put into her and I want to be able to get the most hp out of that as i can. any suggestions?

Hmmm... the most HP would probably be from a used supercharger, but it may very well go over $2000 when the tuning and fuel upgrades are figured in. If it was my car, I'd concider a set of GT40P's, an edelbrock performer intake, 3.73/4.10 gears, ASP pulleys, exhaust, and any other bolt-ons you could swing. If this setup is done right (do some research on GT40P heads) it can be a really decent budget performer.

Killercanary said:
Hmmm... the most HP would probably be from a used supercharger, but it may very well go over $2000 when the tuning and fuel upgrades are figured in. If it was my car, I'd concider a set of GT40P's, an edelbrock performer intake, 3.73/4.10 gears, ASP pulleys, exhaust, and any other bolt-ons you could swing. If this setup is done right (do some research on GT40P heads) it can be a really decent budget performer.
Killer has a good idea....but why not look at a setup like ASP pulleys, 3.73's, full exhaust, performer manifold, and a 100shot???....you can pick up a used ZEX dry kit for pretty cheap....talk to gcomfx on here about nitrous he seems to have lots of success with it. But with whatever you choose the guys here will definatly be able to help you out.....

Anthony