Stang is broken

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
I was just giving my buddy a good ride to show him what it could do and suddenly I felt something really weird with the throttle. A huge loss of power also. I was feet away from an exit on the highway so I took it. Now that I was almost stopped, I saw that there was something really wrong. Started smoking and stuff..

I took the first street which was maybe 100feet away and I parked the car. There's no external leak anywhere. I start the car again and HUGE thick WHITE smoke is coming off the exhaust and car runs like crap obviously. I'm thinking it's the head gasket(s) but I'd like to have confirmation.

Is there any way I can find out without removing heads ? How about a compression test ?

That pisses me off since the stang is for sale. Now I'll have to open it up to fix it. There was no really interest anyway. I feel like just stripping it down and sell it stock. I'll propably get my money back more this way.

Any help guys would be really appreciated.
:(

• Sponsors (?)

Please tell me wtf happened there ! :shrug:

This is sparkplug for piston #8. ALL my (8) sparkplugs are wet but this is the nly one damaged... I'll have to remove the heads but should I do some compression test ?

sparkplug8.jpg

I would say U dont need to do a compression test. SOmething is seriusly wrong with that cylender..... Remove that head..... I would guess a broken piston/piston rings or valve... Just a guess .. But there is something seriusly wrong if the plug looks like this. . SOrrry man

that blows, i feel for ya,but it sounds like you solved yur problem [broken piston ring] and possible other damage.finish pulling the heads and look for other broken parts.good luck

No I wasnt on the juice when it happened. I had my good plugs and naturally aspirated timing like I always had. I was at WOT on the highway, nothing special. I didnt change anything. Thats why I dont know wtf happened :shrug:

And I'm selling cause I have some school debts, all around credit card debts, and I'm moving out on July 1st and I wont be able to afford 2 cars anymore.