stang is under the knife again.....pics

Aliate X

May 9, 2005
Rockland NY
Well I figured Id post up some pics while I was at it, as some of you know one of the lifters came apart and in turn it tore up the cam and seized the oil pump. Well a custom cam is on the way next week along with some other new stuff and lets just say the rev limiter needs to come off. Oh yeah, stock TB, MAF and injectors are going out the window as well.

IMG_1029-1.jpg

IMG_1028-1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Cool man (not the broken lifter lol). Sounds like you're putting together a nice screamer. When I lost a lifter I was fortunate enough that it didn't come apart. The roller came off of it's rotating axis but didn't actually break-off. I ended up adding the RPM manifold so it wasn't a total waste. :D Gained a bit more top end out of it. Funny that after a breakage the first thing we do is look to rev the car higher. :lol: Guess that's how it goes. I was right back to beating the crap out the car the day after I got it back on the road.
95795.gif

Cool man (not the broken lifter lol). Sounds like you're putting together a nice screamer. When I lost a lifter I was fortunate enough that it didn't come apart. The roller came off of it's rotating axis but didn't actually break-off. I ended up adding the RPM manifold so it wasn't a total waste. :D Gained a bit more top end out of it. Funny that after a breakage the first thing we do is look to rev the car higher. :lol: Guess that's how it goes. I was right back to beating the crap out the car the day after I got it back on the road.
95795.gif

Yeah I think thats what happened to me too, I got in the garage before it completely came apart, because the damage to the cam isnt THAT severe, Ive seen what happens when it completely comes apart, the motor just instantly dies. I cant wait to get it back on the road man you dont understand, Im lost without my mustang.

Yeah man, it's tough. Not being able to just hop in and go out on the prowl (like I just did) when you get the urge. It took me a good month to get my car done because I had so little time to work on it. Unfortunately, the withdrawls started about a week after the car went down. I have my '92 but clearly it is not as much fun to drive. I drive it during the week but from Friday to Sunday night out comes the '90. I get depressed just putting it away for the week. If it wasn't for the ridiculous traffic in my area I'd still be daily driving that car. Hope you get it back on the road soon. :nice: