Stang Nation Help!!!

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by $tangNation_Rudy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. $tangNation_Rudy

$tangNation_Rudy New Member

So My 2000 V6 Stang Started Acting Funny The Day Before Yesterday, I Noticed That The Car Wouldn't Start, But I Think That Was due To The Theft Protection.. But Ever Since The Headlights Been dimming Out On Me, The Dash lights As well... And all the dash hands would fall when the mileage reader read nothing but (---------)... It does this mostly when I pull my light switch to turn on my lights. I know it couldn't be the alternator because I just switched it with a new but one thing is different and that is how bright the lights are now.. Could it be a battery problem?

2. Dan93fox

Dan93fox Active Member

Unlikely it's the battery because the car basically runs on the alternator once it's running. Could be the alternator. Was it reconditioned or new? Either way it could be faulty. Any garage can test it in a minute

3. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard
    Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Moved to appropriate forum

4. tonydalrymple

tonydalrymple Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I agree with Dan, get the charging system looked at. I'd also spend some time doing a few checks & preventive maintenance; make sure all battery connections are both clean & tight, make sure the firewall to chassis grounds are in good shape, etcetera....